Custom Learning paths is becoming increasingly popular for eLearning communities. This is a concept where instead of courses and subjects, eLearning objectives are given more importance. There is no fixed path for eLearning, a learner can achieve objectives in multiple custom ways. Instead of units we focus more on activities and the sequence of activities instead of a fixed path.
- Create unlimited custom learning paths for students.
- Sequential, non-sequential learning paths.
- Include Social activities (friends,messaging) in Learning paths.
- Include course activities, units, quizzes, questions, assignments in Learning paths.
- Award points for each step of Learning path.
- Award multiple certificates and badges for Learning paths, based on points criteria.
- Anyone can enroll in and out of Learning paths.
- Activity recording for all learning path steps is trackable.
- Statistics for Learning paths, number of students enrolled and which students is on which step.
- Integration with touch points, custom email templates, messages, notifications.
How does it work :
This concept is similar to Lynda.com’s LearningPaths (example) but we even further extend it to cater unlimited possibilities. WPLMS CLP (custom learning paths) internally uses points/credits for each step, which opens up possibilities of achieving the objective via various combination of steps.
- A Instructor or Administrator creates a Learning path.
- Instructor creates steps and points for each step.
- Instructor assigns certificates and/or badges based on points criteria.
- Students enroll in Custom Learning paths.
- Pursue learning paths and finish steps.
- Earn awards based on points criteria.