WordPress LMS for Web and mobile Forums WPLMS Student App `Cannot read property 'social' of null` in Instructors Menu

`Cannot read property 'social' of null` in Instructors Menu

Back to course
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

fab433
    Participant

Hi

when test app with ionic serve

I haveCannot read property 'social' of null in Instructors Menu

any ideas ?

Regards

fab433
    Participant

if i delete social part in instructor.html i have same issue but with bio

Cannot read property 'bio' of null

so seems issues here

Alex
    Keymaster

Well these error can appear when you have not set any “Instructor description field ” in your wp-admin -> wplms -> buddypress-> “Instructor Description Field” .(field name is case sensitive ) .this is the field where instructor use to put info about themselves.

Second error for social is coming because you have not set any social field group and state it there in wplms-> buddypress -> social profile field group .
    Please create a social profile field group there .

refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/social-profile-field-group/

Sandi
    Participant

Hi

I’m getting the same errors and I have set the fields. Is it possible there’s something else that I have to set?

Alex
    Keymaster

Well im not being able to replicate the issue .Please make sure that you are using latest app code (download latest from codecanyon ) .

If already using latest then please create your own topci and then share your site url and admin credentials there in private reply to check this issue.

Sandi
    Participant

Interesting, I’m getting some mixed results. When I test a build on my phone I don’t get errors and on the “instructors” page I get the bio displayed but still get “false” for the “instructor speciality”. I also don’t see any social links.

Then if I go under course -> instructor, I see all the data.

There’s also some differences if I’m logged in or logged out. Just can’t figoure it out…

Alex
    Keymaster

Well yes it displays false if instructor does not add anything to  specialty field in her profile .
    For the mixed results issue please try clearing uninstalling the app in your phone and install it again .
    In browser please try clearing the application data .
    refer : 
    http://prntscr.com/iouaw1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.