Course short description

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sandibitenc-net 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

Hi

I can’t see any course short description in the app. Has it been implemented?

Alex
    Keymaster

Im sorry this is not implemented in app. You would need to create a introductory unit .

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

I don’t think we understadn. In courses there is a short and long description. The short one does not show in the app. Please see screen shot:

<mark style=”white-space: pre;”>https://snag.gy/ZPMTWC.jpg</mark&gt;

Alex
    Keymaster

I’m sorry for the misunderstanding . The shortcode description is also not available for the courses in app .
    On website ,we were using the short description mainly on the all courses page showing some description about the course .
    In wplms we removed this because mobile screen width is small and we cant really show that information on directory page .
    Hence in api call the short description is never fetched and its also not shown on course page .

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

I can understand this but on the website you show the short description and below it the full description so the texts have to follow each other. My full description continues from the short description so now in the app I don’t have any real intro as the first paragraph is missing, so either remove the short description on the website from the course page or add it in the app, else it’s just confusing.

Alex
    Keymaster

Please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :

add_filter(‘bp_course_rest_prepare_course’,function($response, $course, $request){

$short_desc = get_the_excerpt($response->data[‘course’][‘id’]);

$response->data[‘description’] = $short_desc.'<br/>’.$response->data[‘description’];

return $response;

},10,3);

above code will add short description before course description in app .

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

Thanx, works perfect.

If anybody is having trouble with this then you have to replace the single quotes (at least I had to).

add_filter(‘bp_course_rest_prepare_course’,function($response, $course, $request){
    $short_desc = get_the_excerpt($response->data[‘course’][‘id’]);
    $response->data[‘description’] = $short_desc.'<br/>’.$response->data[‘description’];
    return $response;
    },10,3);

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Course short description’ is closed to new replies.

Template Design © VibeThemes. All rights reserved.