WordPress LMS for Web and mobile Forums WPLMS Student App Installing necessary packages Long road, but now can build Android APK! But still a couple issues…

Long road, but now can build Android APK! But still a couple issues…

Back to course
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Peter O.
    Participant

I am using your latest WpLMS ionic app download and latest /src 

Previously, when installing the “necessary packages” as you set out at: https://wplms.io/course/getting-started-with-wplms-mobile-app/installing-app-packages/ I was not able to build the APK. I tried for many days, checked many Google search possibilities and had much frustration. 

SOLUTION STEP #1. Finally, to build the APK, I had to re-create a new ProjectFolder with this CRITICAL DIFFERENCE: Force using Android version 6.3.0, as the default (based on your instructions) installed Android 7.0.0  With Android 7.0.0, I was not able to get rid of this build error: <span style=”color: #313b3d; font-family: Poppins;”>* What went wrong: </span>Could not resolve all files for configuration ‘:app:debugCompileClasspath’.  Could not find play-services-auth-base-<wbr /><span class=”il”>license</span>.aar (com.<span class=”il”>google</span>.android.gms:play-<wbr />services-auth-base-<span class=”il”>license</span>:11.<wbr />8.0).  I had to force installation of Android 6.3.0 by running the following command before installing the “necessary packages” listed at: https://wplms.io/course/getting-started-with-wplms-mobile-app/installing-app-packages/

ionic cordova platform add [email protected]

NEXT PROBLEM was the “imageCache.ts” caused a build error: <b style=”color: #222222; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; background-color: #ffff00;”></b>

/wplms/ProjectFolder/src/services/imageCache.ts, line: 75   Property ‘applicationStorageDirectory’ does not exist on type ‘File’.

<b style=”color: #222222; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; background-color: #ffff00;”></b>I previously asked you about this problem here: https://wplms.io/forums/topic/lastest-wplms-app-ts-error-with-ionic-serve-in-services-imagecache-ts/#post-13679

SOLUTION STEP #2. Your solution was to do the following, which I modified, to work in this form:

cordova plugin rm cordova-plugin-file –force

cordova plugin add [email protected]

npm install @ionic-native/[email protected]

Then run:

cordova clean

cordova plugin save

cordova prepare

Finally, I was then able to build an APK.  But, here are the remaining Errors that still need to be resolved:

D:\-\DevMobi\wplms\projectFolder>cordova plugin rm cordova-plugin-file –force

The plugin ‘cordova-plugin-file’ is required by (cordova-plugin-file-transfer) but forcing removal

Uninstalling cordova-plugin-file from android

Removing “cordova-plugin-file”

“cordova-plugin-file” is required by (cordova-plugin-file-transfer) but forcing removal.

Removing plugin cordova-plugin-file from config.xml file…

Removing cordova-plugin-file from package.json

D:\-\DevMobi\wplms\projectFolder>cordova plugin add [email protected]

Installing “cordova-plugin-file” for android

Installing “cordova-plugin-compat” for android

Plugin doesn’t support this project’s cordova-android version. cordova-android: 6.3.0, failed version requirement:

<6.3.0

Skipping ‘cordova-plugin-compat’ for android

The Android Persistent storage location now defaults to “Internal”. Please check this plugin’s README to see if your application needs any changes in its config.xml.

If this is a new application no changes are required.

If this is an update to an existing application that did not specify an “AndroidPersistentFileLocation” you may need to add:

“<preference name=”AndroidPersistentFileLocation” value=”Compatibility” />”

to config.xml in order for the application to find previously stored files.

Adding cordova-plugin-file to package.json

Saved plugin info for “cordova-plugin-file” to config.xml

D:\-\DevMobi\wplms\projectFolder>

Thank you for your assistance. I’ve been working towards being able to BUILD the APK and now will be testing. I have spent many, many days on this and need to make progress on the project as soon as possible.  Please let me know how to resolve these latest issues? Thanks again.

Peter O.
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Just to add one more step to the above, I also had to edit /platforms/android/build.gradle to move the jcenter() code down as shown below.

buildscript {

repositories {

/* jcenter()     * this code moved this down */

maven { url “https://maven.google.com” }

jcenter()

}

. . .

dependencies { classpath ‘com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.2.3’ }

}

allprojects {

repositories {

/* jcenter()    * this code moved this down */

maven { url “https://maven.google.com” }

jcenter()

}

}

Alex, please read my previous post (support request) above and provide your instructions about what to do about the remaining errors in my build of the APK. Thank you.

Alex
    Keymaster

Im sorry im not able to understand what error is appearing to you currently ?

please tell me the current error you are getting now .

is you app not generating now?

Alex
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Peter O.
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Alex
    Keymaster

Invited ..

accept invitation and ping me on slack sharing link of this topic .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.