Phone Building Ready Package

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alex 7 hours, 30 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

senseirod
    Participant

I am trying building wplms app for android but there are two many complications. I am able to run it in browser but still need to build apk and then have to do same thing for building ipa.

Now the thing i noticed is that there are too many complications, why not you provide some ready to build package for adobe online phonegap build service where zip file can be uploaded and it instantly generates apk and ipa files etc. As i have read on internet that ionic projects can be built using adobe phonegap online build service so why not provide the package which is ready to be buit using online adobe phonegap build service.

Thanks

Alex
    Keymaster

That is great idea but we need to think of a way to do this at server end .We would need to make some automated commands for this .

You maybe right we can build ionic app also using adobe phonegap build service .

Wplms app is using some cordova plugins as well as some libraries like videogular for video player .

So you might need to make sure that make a prallel phonegap blank project with all those cordova plugins and dependencies installed .

refer : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35460796/is-it-possible-to-build-ionic-apps-on-the-adobe-phonegap-build-server

If you are still struggling with it then please follow  :

Rename the node_modules folder in your ionic project from node_modules  to ” [email protected]@@@  ” and then :

In your ionic project folder replace the package.json file with the one given in below link

https://bit.ly/2I2F732

and in command prompt or terminal run this command :

npm install

after that please follow :

First remove the android platform :

cordova platform rm android

Please also make sure you have installed  these plugins in your ionic setup :

cordova-plugin-camera 2.4.1 “Camera”

cordova-plugin-compat 1.2.0 “Compat”

cordova-plugin-console 1.0.5 “Console”

cordova-plugin-device 1.1.7 “Device”

cordova-plugin-facebook4 1.7.4 “Facebook Connect”

cordova-plugin-file 4.3.3 “File”

cordova-plugin-file-transfer 1.6.3 “File Transfer”

cordova-plugin-googleplus 5.3.2 “Google SignIn”

cordova-plugin-inappbrowser 1.7.2 “InAppBrowser”

cordova-plugin-inapppurchase 1.1.0 “In App Purchase”

cordova-plugin-splashscreen 4.1.0 “Splashscreen”

cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.4.2 “StatusBar”

cordova-plugin-whitelist 1.3.3 “Whitelist”

cordova-sqlite-storage 2.0.4 “Cordova sqlite storage plugin”

ionic-plugin-keyboard 2.2.1 “Keyboard”

Please check for the corodova plugins .

Install the cordova plugins with their versions mentioned above .

first remove plugin :

cordova plugin rm {cordova plugin name}

the add

cordova plugin add {cordova plugin name}@{version} 

example :

cordova plugin add [email protected]

then re -add platform :

cordova platform add [email protected]

senseirod
    Participant

Yes i am able to run everything in the browser, but stuck on apk and ipa generation. So i will go and update here if see any issue.

Creating phonegap build ready package is really necessary as i can see many people on forum getting issues while compiling the ionic app. So in case of phonegap ready package, it will skip everything like installing node js, ionic cli and sdk’s etc and it will even make your wplms app product more powerful and more profitable as everyone can not do the technical steps.

Thanks

Alex
    Keymaster

Yes that is a great idea there .We will surely do something for this .Ultimately it will help us in reducing the support also .

senseirod
    Participant

I am able to build app using xcode but when running on emulator it loads fine but do not show all the things properly, layout looks distorted. Similarly app is archived fine, build passed and uploads but i get email from apple regarding adding some purpose string.

So mainly until phonegap online build ready project is not provided, it is difficult to test the app before submission.

Currently only thing we can test is that we can see the app in browser by running ionic serve. Till yet there is no easy way to build app for android and ios for submission.

Kindly help me to create phonegap ready package for the app. I followed your provided link but your app source is coded somehow different and it generates several errors while building using phonegap build. Can you create ready to build package  for phonegap build and test it and then share that package in envato for the users?

Thanks

Alex
    Keymaster

some purpose string  : this is connected to some this :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52002466/error-appstore-connect-missing-purpose-string-in-info-plist-file

Please add this these strings in your :

platforms > ios > your_app_name > your_app_name-Info.plist

<key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key>

<string>This app requires Camera usage to assign a profile picture of you in your App profile.</string>

<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key>

<string>This app requires photolibrary usage to upload a profile picture of you in your App profile.</string>

put the above lines exactly where <key> tag appears .

there is way to check app on phone in case of Ios also with Xcode .

https://docs.monaca.io/en/products_guide/monaca_ide/deploy/non_market_deploy/

senseirod
    Participant

I followed, added those strings as said and submitted again, but i got following message  from apple

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, “Aviation Learning”. Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

Missing Purpose String in Info.plist File – Your app’s code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app’s Info.plist file should contain a NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. Starting Spring 2019, all apps submitted to the App Store that access user data will be required to include a purpose string.If you’re using external libraries or SDKs, they may reference APIs that require a purpose string. While your app might not use these APIs, a purpose string is still required. You can contact the developer of the library or SDK and request they release a version of their code that doesn’t contain the APIs. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/core_app/protecting_the_user_s_privacy).

Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make you aware of them:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement – Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the “aps-environment” entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the “aps-environment” entitlement. Xcode 8 does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor’s Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/HandlingRemoteNotifications.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH6-SW1.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

• This reply was modified 23 hours, 14 minutes ago by  senseirod.

Alex
    Keymaster

for first : Please follow this solution :

https://stackoverflow.com/a/39519960

for ” Apple Push Notification service ” :

Wplms app is not using ” Apple Push Notification service ” as of now .It seems like you might have enabled  that service while creating your app.

Please disable it :

https://stackoverflow.com/a/39633553

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Template Design © VibeThemes. All rights reserved.