Translating buttons and course price

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alex 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

Hi

I have gone through all strings in config.ts and managed to translate most of the app but there are still some strings unstranslated like buttons and prices (eg private, free). Also there are untranslated strigns in setting the filter with OK and cancel buttons and quite some strings in the wallet…

Is there a way to translate at least the buttons and course prices?

Alex
    Keymaster

CAn you please share screenshot or something exactly where you are not able to translate the button “ok ” and “cancel” .
    There are some strings that are coming from your site through api call .
    FRee and private are those strings .
    Please translate the vibe course module plugin to translate them

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

I see some new strings to translate now but now all of them. For instance I’m missing the “courses” string (see screenshot), but found the free and private strings. <mark style=”white-space: pre;”>https://snag.gy/Kdufm2.jpg</mark&gt;

I’m also attaching the OK and CANCEL strings but they may be OS language dependent… <mark style=”white-space: pre;”>https://snag.gy/f9U4Zc.jpg</mark&gt;

Alex
    Keymaster

1. “courses” yes this is hard written and is not available for translation .This will be fixed in next app update .
    for the time being please simply goto src/pages/home folder and edit the home.html file .
    search for “Courses” and replace this text .

2. This one is also an issue . for the time being please follow : https://forum.ionicframework.com/t/localization-for-ion-select-buttons-ok-and-cancel/69520/2

this is in src/pages/directory -> directory.html
    search for ” selectedCategories ” .

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

Hi Alex

Thanks for the tip, it’s working fine.

If anybody else is using this tip than for the OK and Cancel buttons you have to input the okText and cancelText for every filter you want to change the button strings.

This will be a pain with the updates though. Do the updates contain any change logs that state the files that have been changed? I have modified quite a lot files right now and as there’s no option to override the files I’ll be loosing my changes with the next update.

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

Also the one problem with the “courses” translation is, that there is the number of containing courses in category before it and I would need a plural and singular (and in my case even dual) string for it…

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

One more update for the OK and Cancel buttons, there’s also the sort option in the app. To change it search for “filter_sort_select”

Alex
    Keymaster

Yes the update will contain these changes .
    In fact I’m doing these changes right now.

Okay thanks for sharing that .We will also make this change in “filter_sort_select

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Template Design © VibeThemes. All rights reserved.