WordPress LMS and WP Education Theme for Academy and Education Institutes Forums App Support Visitor forced to buy course if first section free

Visitor forced to buy course if first section free

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sandibitenc-net 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

I have a problem that I have a few courses with the first section set to free. On the app the user always gets a popup to buy the course even if the first section is marked as free. So there’s no option to access this free units on the app without buying them. It doesn’t matter if logged in or out. Also it doesn’t prompt for login before buying.

This does not happen on courses that have all units free.

I’ve noticed that both the cancel and the Buy button have the same code:

<button ion-button=”alert-button” class=”disable-hover alert-button alert-button-ios alert-button-default alert-button-default-ios”>

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

Another thing to consider: if the course is free and user is not logged in then he gets a message that he has to create an account or log in but on that site there’s no link to the login page. Maybe a popup with the link to the login page would be a good idea.

Also is there an option to force users to log in once they open the app?

Alex
    Keymaster

Well the setting “make first section free” is added on user demand in theme after we completed app code . So it is not supported in wplms app as of now.
    But we will be supporting it in future .
    Also free units in app is also not supported  . this is also pending.

Well you need to tap on the user icon to open the login page .
    refer : http://prntscr.com/iouh3c

On website you can enable ” Open Login popup for non logged in users when they click on take this course button ” . to open the login popup when user clicks on course button .

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

I understand that free units aren’t available right now.

For the login I have the Open Login popup for non logged in users when they click on take this course button enabled, but in the app there’s still no popup. And I missed the user icon because I was looking for it in the top right corner but it’s only available in the bottom menu. Maybe something to fix in the future.

Alex
    Keymaster

Yup on course page the icon to open login popup is not available .
    If you want to show a popup for non logged in users in app then please replace the course.ts in your src/pages/course folder in app with the given course.ts  that you will find in this course.zip file : http://bit.ly/2Ft9cKM

sandibitenc-net
    Participant

Hi Alex

This works great thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Visitor forced to buy course if first section free’ is closed to new replies.

Template Design © VibeThemes. All rights reserved.