Access to courses after a period of time

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Access to courses after a period of time

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dfarjoun
    Spectator
    Hi, I'd like to let the user access several courses, but after a certain period of time. Let's say the user buys a product that has 10 courses. Each course would be available only after 15 days the last one was released. So we would have a course being available right on the purchase, the next one in 15 days, the third one in 30 days, and so on. Actually I'd like to work with courses but calling them "modules". As those modules are extremely complete and have lot's of units, It would be clearer for the student to see the courses as Modules. I know there the drip feed inside a unique course, but is it possible the way I need? Thanks!  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Sorry that would not be possible as of now in wplms . You can set start date in courses in wplms . In these courses user will be added to the course but will not be able to start the course until the specified start date does not passes away . The start date will be applied to all students irrespective of the other courses .
    dfarjoun
    Spectator
    Hi, Alex. Please let me know if I found a solution. The user will have access to all courses right after the payment. The course 1 will be full ready. The course 2 will have an introductory module/lesson to say the content will be available after 15 days. So I configure the drip feed for 15 days. The course 3 will have the same intro module/lesson and I configure the drip feed for 30 days. The course 4 I configure the drip feed for 45 days.... and so on. This way will it work? So, if someone starts today or starts in 2 months from now, they all will have access to the content after 15, 30, 45.... days after purchase.... right? Thanks!!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Drip feed duration only starts when the user access the first unit of the course . What will happen in the case when user did not accessed the first unit of the second and third course . If user first completes the course 1  completely and do not try to start the second course then after spending 15 days on course 1 and then starts the course 2 after 15 days then he would have to wait for 15 more days as the drip begins  from the time when user access teh first unit . You can only achieve the ideal case when you combine you three courses in single course and use the sections instead and enable the section drip feed . The problem with the three courses is user may or may not start all three course at same time .
    dfarjoun
    Spectator
    Isn't it possible to create an "AUTO START" course with some changes? Is that possible? Actually I have 8 courses to combine. So this is too much content for only one menu inside a single course. If the first question isn't possible, is there a way to combine lessons from the eight courses inside one? Or should I do it manually? (more than 100 lessons). Thanks and have a great new year!!!!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    You can break you course into different courses and can use the pre required course feature  .Most of the wplms users are following this way for their huge courses .   
    dfarjoun
    Spectator
    That's interesting, but won't solve the problem. I want to keep the users without content and release the content only when I want, not when the user click to finish all lessons in a hurry to copy the content. About my questions... is it possible to blend course contents? Import lessons from one course into another so I can use the drip feed? Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    YEs please duplicate the units or quizzes from to use them in the other course using the post duplicator plugin .
    dfarjoun
    Spectator
    But this way I should manually add unit by unit. Isn't it possible to merge units from other courses?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    No if you use the same units then user will same notes from the previous course in the unit . Also the quiz will show completed if user have taken the quiz in previous course .
    dfarjoun
    Spectator
    But if I don't mind messing with it. I will change everything. Is it possible to blend them together? I just need the units from multiple courses all together into one course.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes you can add the same units to different courses . The only issues appear would be with notes and marked complete .
    dfarjoun
    Spectator
    Sorry. That was not my question, Alex. I have two courses with 40 units each (for example). I want to create one course with 80 units, but do not want to add all 80 units manually. Is that possible to combine those courses units into one course? Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This is not possible as of now in wplms . You have to include the units manually in that course  .
    dfarjoun
    Spectator
    Alex, If I enable drip feed inside a course than create another course and set the first one as pre-required course. How would it work? Let's call now courses as modules (i need to put high volume of lessons into different courses and call them modules). So, I create a module with drip feed that will last 14 days. The second module (course) will be available only after that 14 days period, right? And than, inside that second module I put a drip feed for more 14 days. The third module will be created with pre-required course being the second one. Now will the user be able to access this 3rd module only after 28 days? Is that right? Will it solve the problem? Thanks!!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Access to courses after a period of time’ is closed to new replies.