accordion problem : wrong section showing

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting accordion problem : wrong section showing

Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ewanb
    Participant
    Hi I have a problem with course timeline showing in accordion. I have two sections each with several units When following units of section 2, it is always the section 1 of the accordion that is expanded, section 2 is shrinked, which makes difficult for the user to follow his progression.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please note that the section accordian is opened up in fro the first unfinished unit that it finds on the course status page . For the unfolding and folding to work properly user must complete the units in sequence . But if user mark complete units in random fashion then the unfolding and folding will not work properly . For this to make work properly please set unit locking -> " mark previous unit complete " from course manager in wplms options .
    ewanb
    Participant
    Thanks for your answer. However, I do set unit locking option in course manager. Please see first screenshot attached to see the problem : all units of section 1 have been completed, yet section 1 is still expanded, and not section 2. first unit title of first section is also highlighted in course timeline, even if I'm currently on another unit in section 2... this may be a hint. On second screenshot you can see that if I manually expand the section 2 of accordion, there are 2 units higlighted in the same time...  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This is a bug and it will be fixed in the upcoming updates.
    ewanb
    Participant
    Thanks Do you have an estimation of release date please ?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You can track the development of this bug from here: https://trello.com/c/FcgpF9ZQ/455-accordion-problem-in-the-course-status-page#
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    We have released the update please check and confirm.
    ewanb
    Participant
    I just checked and the problem is not fixed : accordion is not opening at all, all sections are shrinked.
    ewanb
    Participant
    note : it is working with first "normal" units, but as soon as we have a quiz page, accordion is all shrinked and does not expand back, even with "normal" units after this quiz
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well it is working fine at our end . please check : http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDfUIa1KZj Please try clear your browser cache. Please note that if the user have randomly marked unit complete in course then this accordian unfolding may not work as it should . To make  sure that it works properly you can enable the "Mark Previous unit complete" form course settings . In this way will not be able to access the units before finishing all the units before it (could not mark units complete randomly)
    ewanb
    Participant
    - Browser cache is cleared   - "mark previous unit complete" option is already in use In your video example you don't have any quiz. As I told in my previous post, it is working for units but as soon as user enters on a quiz page, it is not working anymore. Can you test at your end with a quiz page between two units please. Thanks  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I tried to replicate under same conditions just like you have but i was not able to replicate this at my end . Please refer : http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDhe2k1sNV Please share url of your course where issue is appearing and site url to check this issue at your end . PS : mark reply as private while sharing credentials .
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘accordion problem : wrong section showing’ is closed to new replies.