Activation link does not work & My account page

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Activation link does not work & My account page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    B-fuzz1
    Participant
    Hi, Activation link When users register through the Buddypress form and click the account activation link in their mail they land on the login page again. I have read all the other topics as well, since it seems to be a common problem. I have all the latest plugin updates installed and WPLMS is updated to the latest version as well. The 'Activate' page is configured as redirect landing page for registered users in the WPLMS options as well as in the Buddypress option. Still, new registered users who click on the activation link land on the login page instead of the 'Activate' page. How do I solve this? My account page I would like to use the standard woo commerce my account page but instead the 'My account' page shows the 'Member Directory' template. How do I change this because changing the template does not work? Kind regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well usually user is redirected to his profile after activation  . Please refer this tip to redirect user to only activate page after activation : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/make-user-to-redirect-only-to-activate-page-on-activation/ Check if you have set the my account page as the member directory from settings -> buddypress -> pages -> members . If my account page is selected there  then please remove and set another members page . Make sure that the my account page is selected in the wp-admin -> woocommerce -> settings -> accounts -> my account page .
    B-fuzz1
    Participant
    Thanks for your quick reply Alex. Activation link I tried your tip but this seems to be working for child themes only, there should be another way to redirect to a different page right? I do not want users to land on the login page, in addition, new users are not able to login since I noticed that the registration isn't activated.. How to solve this? So that users will be able to activate their accounts and are able to login or, even better, land on a different page then the login page? My account The members directory only shows a search bar for members and all instructors and create a course, I do not wish users to see all these, I just want them to see their account details. I did what you said above but it does not work, is there another way to solve this? Kind regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. For that please try settings the " Redirect Page on User Activation " from wp-admin-> wplms -> buddypress .  2. If you do not want user to see the members directory then please set the settings in wplms -> buddypress as per screenshot : http://prntscr.com/a9q8z3
    B-fuzz1
    Participant
    1.  This does not solve the problem. Users do not land on a different page despite all things I tried in the settings. I want users to be able to activate their accounts and be able to see a different page where they land on. But the most important part is that the registration should work..
    2. I will test this as zoon as I am able to register a new user as myself and see if the my account page had changed.
    Thanks in advance for the support. Kind regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Unable to replicate the issue  . Can you please share your site admin credentials and site url to check this ? PS: mark reply as private while sharing the credentials .
    vbuch
    Participant
    Hello, can you please help to recognize the issue. There is no any changes after signing up as a new user. No email verification. I checked all related topics but can't resolve the problem by using all these tips.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please note that the ajax registration in modern theme does not sends out email for verification . This process only works on the buddypress register page . Can you please confirm are you using the buddypress registration page (http://prntscr.com/aivihj) or  ajax registration of modern theme(http://prntscr.com/aivink) ?
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Activation link does not work & My account page’ is closed to new replies.