Activation mail not sent

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Activation mail not sent

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Spectator
    Hi team WPLMS, My users are experiencing some strange behavior. When they register on my site, they do not receive the activation email. I've tried this with various test accounts and everytime the registration mail is not being sent. The strange thing is that other types of emails (like password reset) are being sent, so this only appears to happen with the activation mail. Do you know what might have caused this? Thanks in advance! Kind regards, Chris
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... Can you please let me know which registration form are you using for registration. Are you using default buddypress registration form or the wplms registration form. If you are using the wplms registration form then there is a setting to skip the activation email, please check the settings.  
    Chris
    Spectator
    Hi, As far as I know, I use the default buddypress registration form. Where can I check this? Kind regards, Chris
    Chris
    Spectator
    I've checked the settings at WPLMS --> buddypress. At the following field: "<span style="font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 15.4px; font-weight: bold;">Custom Registration page</span> <span class="description" style="margin: 0px; display: block; font-size: 14px; font-style: italic; padding: 4px 0px 0px; width: 214px; line-height: 1.4em; max-width: none; box-sizing: border-box; color: #666666; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) !important;">Overrides the default registration page from buddypress"</span> The setting is "None". So it appears that I am using the default buddypress registration page. Can you please help me on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Can you please check if the activation email is present in the wp-admin->emails, refer: http://prntscr.com/f70s2q All the emails should be present here, then the buddypress sends the email automatically.
    Chris
    Spectator
    Both the emails are present and active/published. Are there other reasons why this might happen?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The activation email is automatically sent by buddypress, can you please share your site url and the admin credentials with us to check the issue on your website. PS: Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    Chris
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... Thanks for sharing the credentials I checked your website and found out that your wplms theme is updated to latest 2.8 version but plugins are still at 2.7.3 version, please update the wplms plugins also to latest 2.8 versions. ------------------ I also noticed, that all your emails are present in draft, only 4 are published, if you want to use other emails also then please publish them. ------------------ Unfortunately I was unable to figure out the issue behind this, please check if other emails are sending properly or not, like forgot password. ------------------- Also try using other smtp plugins for sending emails, refer: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/wplms-mail-smtp-gmail-smtp/
    Chris
    Spectator
    Hi , Thanks for checking. I've updated the plugins, but the error is still occuring. Also, other mails like 'forget password' are being sent to users, so the problems seems to be specifically with this mail. I'm afraid the SMTP plugin can't help, as the problems appears to be with this specific mail, not with the mailing system in general. Can you therefore please check if there are other possibilities that could have caused this? Kind regards, Chris
    Chris
    Spectator
    I also tried in Users --> Manage Signups. When I try resending the activation mail (by hovering over the user, clicking email, then on the page "Resend Activation Emails", then "Confirm"), the email is also not being sent from this place. So it does not seem to be the trigger, but more this mail in general. Perhaps this helps in finding the cause of the error?  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    hi... The activation email is sent by buddypress plugin only and not by wplms, so I am not sure why its not working in your website. I'll need the ftp credentials to debug the buddypress code for sending email in your website.  
    Chris
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... Thanks for sharing the credentials I checked your website and debugged the issue. The buddypress is throwing an error that it couldn't instantiate the mail function, refer: http://prntscr.com/fa0xmj This error is generally shown if the phpmailer is not present in your website. The error is definitely not related to wplms theme, as this is the buddypress core function which is throwing the error. Please contact your webhost on this.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Activation mail not sent’ is closed to new replies.