add missing students to course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting add missing students to course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Hello, I don't know how. But one course (meestergijs.nl/item/present-simple) doesn't have all active members included as students.Instead of 1650 students, it has just 1210. How can I add the course to those 400+ students accounts? What are the precise steps I need to take. Please, not manually. Side note: The course was free for a few months. And I made it offline for a couple of days to test some stuff.. Other than that, nothing changed. Thanks, Gijs
    Diana
    Participant
    Use this method: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/addingediting-bulk-users-in-a-course/
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I tried this yesterday, a couple of times. I can't download the export file. It opens all all allllllll the lines in a new browser tab and I can't get it copied into excel. Could you have a look or try for me? Thanks. Also, how do I then add 1 courses to a selection of users. Not knowing which users..
    Diana
    Participant
    Also, how do I then add 1 courses to a selection of users. Not knowing which users.. Not possible without knowing that for which users you want that course
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    But that's my question exactly! It should be possible to extract users from two courses and lay them next to eachother. Or knowing all my active members and the system telling me which active members are missing from that one course. Please think with me and help me find a solution. This is weird. Perhaps... Export all active members from another course and import them all againt? To the course that's missing members? And how would this work? Thanks
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    The only way I can think of is create a course and ask your users to enroll in that course, when all your students enroll in that course you can take a export of those users and bulk assign to a course This is the only way I can think because it's user's choice in which course they want to enroll but here your scenario is totally different that you want all your active users to enroll in all courses
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I think this is what I mean as well. Sounds good. Ok. So how do I export users from one course? Let's say course: 3110. When I try to do that and download the export file it just opens a new broswer tab. And how do I bulk assign to a new course? Could you help?
    Diana
    Participant
    http://prntscr.com/uveepa Using Import/Export Feature just export the students from that course. Only select export users and user data Then import that csv file. I year ago, same question asked by you: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/export-users/
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Diana
    Participant
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    in summary: I have a course (ID: 151) that is missing a lot of active members. I have a course with all active members enrolled (ID: 3143). My wish: All the members that are enrolled in course 3143 should also be enrolled in course 151. But only the ones with active membership. Questions: How do I filter just the missing members? Do I need to export both Users and Connected User data. Or is one enough? I ask this because the sample that you sent me a year ago only shows meta data. Nothing related to wp_user_profile.
    Diana
    Participant
    Here you want to import only those students which have active memberships, I am sorry but this kind of feature is not asked by any other user. This will require custom coding for import/export. Not possible without that
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I think I've made it work. I just imported a csv with all active members to that one course, with ID 151 through wp-admin/lms/settings/import&export. This is how the file looked: https://imgur.com/a/bxIiuL9 It still says just 1177 members. But I think they just have to click the course button, they can then start the course and it will add members to the course.
    Diana
    Participant
    Yes, possible Do share your findings here :)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘add missing students to course’ is closed to new replies.