Adding courses to a specific USER role automatically.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Adding courses to a specific USER role automatically.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jsnmrk
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    logan
    well in that custom code we are using a very generic wordpress hook " user_register " which executes when user is inserted into database . In wordpress things are done with the help of actions and filters . If you could tell us the hook on which your SSO registers users we can run it on that also . Make sure hook gives us user id .
    jsnmrk
    Spectator
    Hi there again. An update on this and for anyone reading. I contacted Mini Orange  (the SSO plugin developer) support. They added into the plugin the generic " user_register " hook into their plugin, I updated the plugin (I'm using the premium version) and now the specified courses get added to users student profiles on first sign in via SSO. So I hope this post helps others. Here is what we did to achieve this:
    1. Installed this single sign on plugin
    2. Installed this user role editor plugin
    3. Created a custom user role (duplicated the current WPLMS student role and gave a new name)
    4. Added the code given by Logan above to WPLMS customizer plugin.
    5. Added the user role slug and course ID's to the code mentioned above.
    Hope this helps someone else who may be having this issue or need. :) Thanks too Logan!  
    logan

Dear Friend,

Glad you’re an issue is resolved.  🙂

You can rate me here. I would really appreciate that! Here: https://themeforest.net/item/wplms-learning-management-system/reviews/6780226

If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Closing this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding courses to a specific USER role automatically.’ is closed to new replies.