Adding facebook's app id to courses page

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Adding facebook's app id to courses page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    darkban
    Spectator
    Hi, I can't find where should I add the Facebook's app id tag to any of the course pages (regular pages are OK). How can I do that? Many thanks in advance, Lior
    Mk
    Please share a video about what are you trying to do. Seems like you are using any third-party plugin. please share details about plugin too if you are using any.  
    darkban
    Spectator
    I'm using the Yoast SEO plugin to handle all SEO matters and it has set all of the proper tags an IDs needed for Google and Facebook on regular pages (such as the main page). On the course pages (like this course page), for some reason it won't operate the same as the regular pages and the Facebook tags doesn't appear. Because of that, when I try and share the course on Facebook it won't show the thumbnail I've created.
    Mk
    You don't need to use any other plugin. It's already available at our end. Go to Wp-admin -> wplms -> social information and set settings for social information. add social media icon. Refer: http://prntscr.com/pm9kbb  
    darkban
    Spectator
    Hi, I'm not talking about a button to connect a user to my facebook page. I'm talking about embedding fb:app_id on the course page's header.
    Mk
    Thanks for replying. I will check your issue and reply to you by tomorrow. thanks
    darkban
    Spectator
    Hi Mk, Is there any progress on the issue? Many thanks in advance, Lior
    Diana
    Participant
    Can you share an example page. I compared one course page with the home page of your site and it seems that Yoast is adding the Facebook Id on the course pages. http://prntscr.com/ppnzbz
    darkban
    Spectator
    I've figured out how to do it right. thanks!
    Diana
    Participant
    @darkban Can you please share the solution with us also? I am curious to know
    darkban
    Spectator
    The Yoast plugin didn't implement the code in so I've tried to put the app_id in the footer code by the WPLMS settings. Although it appeared on the source code Facebook didn't recognize it over their debugger. So I've downloaded one of the plugins that put snippets in the header and put the FB code in there. Now the Facebook debugger recognizes their code.
    Diana
    Participant
    @darkban, oh..!! that's a real quick fix. Actually i was not able to distinguish any difference. Thanks for sharing the solution with us. It will help other users also. closing this topic
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding facebook's app id to courses page’ is closed to new replies.