Adding/editing categories in top footer

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Adding/editing categories in top footer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mitdrissia
    Spectator
    hi how are you doing? I have the following question: How can i add/edit categories in top footer menu. I tried everything from course creation to editing the footer in top menu footer but no change.I want to have 4 columns with categories in top footer. hope to hear from you soon
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    mitdrissia
    Spectator
    thank you for the video but i am not looking to embed a picture in top footer but categorie links. When i check the code its the div class "footerwidget" I allready had some links to categories but i want to edit or add them.For some reason when i edit them i dont see the change in the top footer. Hope you understand what i mean. Here is screenshot:http://i.imgur.com/fkjyukb.png   thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    You can exclude the course categories from the course categories widget ,please goto appearance -> widgets ,locate the top footer sidebar to edit and then put the category slugs in the exclude field : Refer  : http://i.imgur.com/ufkyoA6.png
    mitdrissia
    Spectator
    hi i dont want to exclude any categories. For example: in the category list in top footer i have changed "photography" to "fotografie" which is dutch but the change does not appear.I also want to add other categories. How can i achieve this? You showed me how to exclude categories. Thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    The course category widget just lists the course category and its link . Whatever category you give to the course in your site it would show here . SO if you want to change the photograpgy to "fotographie" then edit the category from backend  wp-admin ->lms->course categories . Howver you can also remove the course categories widget and just use the simple text widget to show the categories and their link .
    mitdrissia
    Spectator
    hi yes what i did  is adding categories in that same field you showed me but they dont show in top footer..Please see screenshot.My question is how can i add other categories. For some reason the categories i added have the number 0 and the other categories that are shown in top footer have different numbers. please see arrows in screenshot here:http://i.imgur.com/YZCoUHq.png   How can i change this number so that i can add the other categories in the top footer?thank you  
    mitdrissia
    Spectator
    i think i found the solution.Because there are no courses in that specific category it will not show in the top footer. Only when i add courses to the category then the category will show.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes  if have noticed it too . Thanks for letting us know that .
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding/editing categories in top footer’ is closed to new replies.