Assignment not found after upload

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Assignment not found after upload

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Makarand Mane
    Spectator
    Hi @alex This is some unexpected issue we encountered. From last 2 weeks we did testing on assignment section & everything gone well. Today one student uploaded assignment answer sheet in pdf. After upload he submitted assignment. When we tried to download from admin. It is giving 404 error. I checked folder location using FTP then I found that file was not present there. I can see entry of file from media section of WordPress. PFA screenshot. https://prnt.sc/v0lh0y File url: https://lms.chanakyamandal.org/wp-content/uploads/wplms_assignments_folder/607/15746/subhramanya%20Kelkar%202020E1.pdf @alex please let me know how I can avoid prevent such issue from happening in future. As client already advertising online & student are live.
    1. Is this issue related to server execution time?
    2. Student uploaded file having space in file name.
    3. How student can be prevented from uploading file with spaces
    4. I read your code & you are handling file chunks. Do you think script is failed to upload chucks?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I guess it might be related to file permission OR file name itself . space exchanged with %20 ,can you please check this with file having space and without any special chars or spaces .
    Makarand Mane
    Spectator
    @alex there is not file permission issues. as it happened only one time. before & after this file uploading working normally. In the scenario of issue happened, we found there was no assignment file on server but there was entry of file in database which is supposed to be after successful file upload
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we are using @fopen ,fwrite function in order to write the file. There is nothing changed in code for uploading assignments as well.This must be something from the server itself . We are uploading in chunks using plupload to server and with this first a .part file is created using fopen . then when whole data is received we changed the .part to the original extension .
    Makarand Mane
    Spectator
    @alex I already read your code in detail & understood what is done there. Process you explained above you did. Can you please guide me what can be possibility at server side? How I can diagnose it? As this is happened one time only that is why I am also not able to recreate it. Another things why there is not restriction on space at student side while uploading assignment? As I can see another student have uploaded files with space in file name.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Assignment not found after upload’ is closed to new replies.