Awarding credits for course completion

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Awarding credits for course completion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Our credit requirement is simple. Each course to have different credit points for completion. The credly points apply equally to all courses. How can this be on course to course basis?
    logan
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Thanks. I have tried to set it up from the admin backend and it appears to be working if I setup a point with course completion using course module id for a specific course. This is a very roundabout way and in our case, the instructor who creates the course would know the credits to award so needs to fill in from front end during course creation. Example - Each unit needs to have a 5 credits or the entire course has 15 credits on completion. So need a way for instructors to just fill this in when creating an unit or course. How is this acheived. Most universities would need credit system attached to courses so surprised this is not a part of main WPLMS offering. Can you investigate more for me please. This is crucial to our use of multiple ART licenses. Currently we hold two licenses already but testing this feature. Regards  
    Veronica
    hi, no, this is not available in the wplms. we can't fill the credit from the front end.
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Can you please follow up with development team to check if accredited learning is in your future offering. This is a simple addition but really crucial for our business with government colleges in future. Based on this feature we may plan on staying on WPLMS for our next bigger plan or have to move to a different model.
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    So many things are customisable so I find it really hard to believe. Can you please find out if we can add a field on the front end for Tutor to fill in and link trigger to course / unit completion?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes this can be achieved with a some customization in wplms. We can add a setting in front end to enter the points and on saving of this will create a point criteria in backend for the same course . The cost for this would be $29 . Please let us know if you are interested in this .
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Hi Alex That is a great news if possible and sounds like what I need done. Could you please explain how it would work in terms of Unit and Course completion triggers please which is what we are after mainly. Would be happy to go ahead. Regards      
    Veronica
    hi, you can pay here: [email protected]
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Hi Veronica I am unsure what you meant by pay here? I wanted to know how it would work? Will the tutor be able to add credit and link it to Unit or Course completion once you customise. That would be great and we are willing to pay for the update. Just in process of upgrading to 3.9 manually.   Regards    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi if you are ok with the things we are providing then in order to proceed you can pay at paypal at this mail id : [email protected]
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    Thanks for getting back to us Alex. So to confirm, what would be provided to us is a field at the front end for tutors to enter credits and link to unit or course completion. Can you please raise an invoice to ART providers and send it. We will immediately arrange for the Paypal payment. Regards    
    Veronica
    hi, we will add a setting in front end which notify points to be awarded after course completion using this tip:https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/adding-custom-field-in-course-setting/
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Last minute chip in. Please clarify. This is already available in WPLMS MYCred addon. You will need to create a point awarding criteria one for every course and the step would be finish course and there you can mention the number of steps. If you can share WP admin details, I can setup an example for you to check it.
    ART-Providers
    Participant
    I have been able to setup using myCred but that needs the admin to set it up. I want the tutors to be able to setup for each course / unit from front end. Please review the chain for my requirement. So, when you customise, you will add a field on front end of course creation and student is awarded credit when course is completed or unit is completed as case may be. Thanks  
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘Awarding credits for course completion’ is closed to new replies.