Batch curriculum purchase & course evaluation

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Batch curriculum purchase & course evaluation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ngnstem
    Spectator
    Hey there, So we planning each course to have 3 batch curriculums (4-week, 8-week, 12-week classes). 4 weeks will be subset and 12-week will be superset (access to all quizzes, assignments, lessons). It's 1:1 classes for learners and depending on class package they purchase, they will have access only to that batch's curriculum. They should be able to schedule 1:1 based on tutor availability. 1. How can we set up class package purchase and integrate it with the batch curriculum? 2. How can tutor Sign off/ mark what quizzes, assignments are done after each class to track progress for each student & also remember before next class. The dashboard needs to capture the same. Class-based tracking is the key here. 3. Can the same class progress update be Emailed to Parents, students, and admin too? 4. Will course evaluation be any different considering each course having various batch curriculums that are different (in case, WPLMS is expecting everyone to complete scorm quizzes & Assignments)? 5. How can appointments be handled for 1:1 classes for paid/ free batch students? Thank you.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well teacher is assigned to a course whereas the batch can be handled by many admin . The issue is that instructor wont be able to mark the user curriculum as complete .Currently you will need to create different course for each batch . Currently batch admin cannot update the user's progress in course on its own . The user progress updates when he finished the unit/quiz in course which can be seen by batch admin
    ngnstem
    Spectator
    Thanks. This is really unfortunate as it seems like WPLMS isn't designed for 1:1 classes or supporting advanced tracking. At least can someone help around: 1. How can we set up class package purchase and integrate it with the batch curriculum? 2. Will course evaluation be any different considering each course having various batch curriculums that are different (in case, WPLMS is expecting everyone to complete scorm quizzes & Assignments)? 3. How can appointments be handled for 1:1 classes for paid/ free batch students?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . Im sorry can you please elaborate more on this? 2 . Well yes the course evaluation will be according to the batch in which the user is in . 3 . appointments right not is not integrated with batches right now. Appointments has a different user flow and might not be for you .
    ngnstem
    Spectator
    Alex, it's good to get your help 1. How can we set up classes or rather batch purchases (user can buy 4 classes, 8 or say 12 classes of the course. Each one is set up as a separate batch curriculum) so as to integrate it with the batch curriculum? 2. How can users view batch curriculum (currently, 4 or 8 classes batch isn't visible to students to subscribe to), subscribe & manage it? 3. How can learners schedule 1:1 classes with tutors based on their availability, I thought something like appointments can help manage the complete flow, no? 4. How can tutors track class progress (what is done in the online class like scorm based quiz or worksheets or videos) and inform parents?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . Im sorry I guess im still not able to understand it. You need live classes 4 , 8 , 12 times to be bookable by students for each course , then why do we need batch curriculum here ? 2 . Well you need to create the batch in course settings for 4,8 classes then the batch can be shown in course home page in which users can enroll . 3 . yes in this appointments can be used ,but currently we are working on it .you can use vibe zoom or vibe bbb plugins to connect meeting with course. 4 . Well in wplms units / quizzes done by students can be tracked from the course admin area : http://somup.com/crQrIirmCE
    ngnstem
    Spectator
    Hey Alex, you're truly a genius. Sorry, I didn't receive the email notification that you have responded, just saw it. 1. Yes, I need the ability for students to book 4 classes, 8 classes or say 12 classes for grade 1 course (curriculum will be different depending on 4, 8 or 12). Similarly, there will be batches for grades 2, 3, and so on. Say this is for learning Caligraphy. Similarly, there can be for Music, Arts too. Hope I'm making sense and this can be done (I guess one of the strong features of wplms batches?) 2. Say once the user is subscribed to 8 class batch of Music 1:1. Only, after the 1:1 class I want them to be able to view that specific class content (previous classes content will be visible). Here content is Scorm based quiz, worksheets and such. How to do that? 3. Is appointments work done? Can I have vibe appointments on our site to achieve 1:1 class scheduling? 4. Tracking by course admin, I am aware. But how can tutors, parents, and students know what was taught in today's 1:1 class? Any way to notify everyone at the end of the class. This can even help the tutor remember next time based on some notification or dashboard data on how much is covered and what next?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . you can use this feature : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-buy-batch-feature/ 2 . After the buying the batch a batch is created for the user , then they can add their students and set batch's own curriculum which will load for the students who are the members of the batch connected to course . 3 . YEs appointments is done today .We are in testing phase and should release soon . Yes it can be used to schedule 1:1 meetings . 4 . Well in such a case you can craete a unit for the batch curriculum explaining what will be taght in that class . OR simply post activity in the batch (group) which all members of the group can see
    ngnstem
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ngnstem
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Plugins installed on your site are of latest versions . Please share me the problem you are getting in using appointments and batch curriculums ? Please check if you are saving the curriculum properly for each batch . Also check if the student is in the correct batch and not in more than one batches of the same course . I checked your batches and found that there are no curriculum set for any of the batches . https://prnt.sc/1vfnxsm The curriculum in the view will be saved as the batch curriculum as it is . You can remove or add unit to it . http://somup.com/cr6QIF3Ip4 for appointments you did not add the appointments to the profile menu and "refresh the Buddypress navigation " from vibebp -> settings -> buddypress .
    ngnstem
    Spectator
    Alex, Regarding batch curriculum issue: We want to sell created batch through woocommerce variable products (check products that we have created that are being sold). I have created a variable product and added the created batch in product variation but when the user purchases the product he is not enrolled in the course which I attach to the batch. When we try to purchase a specific batch product, nothing appears on the student/ purchaser dashboard. As far as appointments go, we use to face issues when we activated it - manage course used to crash. But today I got the latest trial version from your team, will test it out once the Batch issue is resolved.
    ngnstem
    Spectator
    ngnstem
    Spectator
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Finally i was able to resolve the issue. The entire issue appeared because the Account creation was disabled in wooCommerce checkout settings in WP admin - WooCommerce- settings - account & security
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Batch curriculum purchase & course evaluation’ is closed to new replies.