Batches Not Expiring

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Batches Not Expiring

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ferren
    Participant
    Hi, I have batches on my site and they're not expiring. I've enabled a batch duration of 6 months and there is a batch start and end date. Is there a way that students can sign up to a batch with a start/end date and start the course before the batch start date? I need the dates because the classes is part online and part in-person, so the date states the in-person dates. I need them to expire when the dates pass. Also, I need the students to have course access for 6 months. http://77.104.138.114/~realeyez/course/microblading-training-workshop-alabama/  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, This is exactly how the wplms batches work. If you set the start and end date and you can also set the time in the batch settings. Now the users enrolled in the batch can access the course only within these specified dates and time. If the date passes the user will get the error message that the course is not available.
    ferren
    Participant
    Okay great. Do you know why my batches aren't expiring off the course page when the end date I put passes? Thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, I am not sure what your batch settings are, but please let me know if you have enabled the setting for the course accessibility within the batch timings, refer: http://prntscr.com/gc19o4
    ferren
    Participant
    No, I haven't. If I set batch duration to 6 months, and start and end dates, and enable batch timings, will the batches expire from the course page on the end date and still give students access for 6 months?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes if you enable the setting to access the course within batch timings, then the student will not be able to access the course after the end date.
    ferren
    Participant
    Here's an example, just so I'm clear... I have a batch that takes place January 1-2. I need the students to have access to online materials for 6 months. And I want the batch to disappear from the course page after January 2nd. What should my settings be? Thanks!!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The batch won't disappear from the course page, you can set the batch start date to 1 January and the end date to 1 June as you want the users to access course for 6 months. Now enable the setting for course accessibility within batch timings.
    ferren
    Participant
    In the course settings there's an option to hide expired batches. Is the expiration date tied to the batch end date or duration? I need the batches to hide on the end date.
    ferren
    Participant
    I need the batch dates to only show 2 days because it corresponds to in-person training, but the students need access to online materials for 6 months.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes this is the course setting and yes it will hide the batch from the course page after the end date of batch. But you need the user to access the course for 6 months which is only possible if you set the start and end date according to 6 months, otherwise the user will not be able to access the course. After the course has expired it will be removed from the course page if you enable the setting but only after 6 months in your case. --------------- You are contradicting your requirements, you want the batch to expire in 2 days but you want the batch students to continue the course for 6 months, both of these cannot happen at the same time. If the batch is expired then the user cannot access the course.
    ferren
    Participant
    Oh no! Please is there any code you could help me with? I just need the batch to hide from the page when the end date has passed. We offer A LOT of classes, and if they don't hide, the pages will fill up. Pleeeeeeeease, this is so important.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The batch will hide automatically if you enable the setting from the course, but in this way the users will not be able to access the course after 2 days.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Batches Not Expiring’ is closed to new replies.