BP Social Connect, DP and member URL issue

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues BP Social Connect, DP and member URL issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jodie
    Participant
    I have followed the following tutorial and successfully configured the API's. https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/bp-social-connect-integration-with-wplms/ All seems good , but here are the issues that I found and want you take a look:
    • The APIs don't fetch member's picture or there is no way to put the default image
    • If someone login, let say on a course page. It redirects the user to the home page after login, which does not make sense.
    • The most dangerous is the URL of the member profile (it always make members/real_email_of_the_user/). It puts the real identity at risk.
    Kindly address the aforementioned issue.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Well please check if there is an avatars folder in your wp-content/uploads folder ? to set default avatar goto wp-admin-> wplms -> Buddypress -> default avatar . 2. well this is a limitation as of now in bp social connect plugin it does redirects to the main domain of site after returning from the social site . 3. To avoid this use the Buddypress profile field mapping in the social settings . Please check : http://prntscr.com/dy1r6w
    edukida
    Participant
    I have gone through many topics and It seems to me that, this social login redirect issue is still there, I am also not able to redirect user to dashboard when logged in via in built Facebook Login or by BP Social Connect.   Can you tell me till when can we expect some solution for this?   There is one more thing, add friend is shown in members page, but not when one is viewing user profile. Please let me know how can we show ADD FRIEND BUTTON in member profile. Thanks & Regards, P.S. We are surely enjoying your support and services!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is still a pending issue on the redirection as of now .Actually Social sites used to redirect the user to main domain usually . To show add friend button in profile please goto wp-admin-> wplms -> Buddypress -> and set  Show members meta info -> YES . 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘BP Social Connect, DP and member URL issue’ is closed to new replies.