Buddypress template emails

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Buddypress template emails

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mako
    Spectator
    Hello there, i am using the WP-Mail-SMTP plugin to remove the wordpress header sent by default in emails, it works, but the template email from the buddypress does not show up: Let me explain better When i go here admin left sidebar/ email i have the list of the email notifications and an option to customize. (see screen) the problem is when i for example write a message and the user is notify via email all i get is plain text. any idea how to make buddypress to use that template instead of a white/plain text email ?
    mako
    Spectator
    I will close this issue enot before sharing what is the problem: Seems that WP-Mail-SMTP is redeclaring wp_mail , this prevent for some reason the html defautl template being sent to the user , just the text is send so looking around i foud this threat https://wordpress.org/support/topic/html-email-doesnt-not-work-with-buddypress the solution is there but if you want to save time here is the code
    /**
    * Provide an HTML template for all your BuddyPress emails
    * BuddyPress 2.5 introduced a new stylised HTML email system.
    * By default the HTML system doesn't work if a 3rd party transactional email plugin is active
    * (e.g. wpMandrill or SendGrid), and reverts to sending plain text emails.
    * This function allows the stylised BuddyPress HTML emails to be sent using some 3rd party plugin.
    * It does this by sending the email through wp_mail() rather than directly with PHPMailer.
    * @author Mecanographik
    * inspiration :
    * @link https://github.com/21applications/bp-wpmandrill
    */
    add_action( 'init', 'my_prefix_bp_wp_mail_html_filters' );
    function my_prefix_bp_wp_mail_html_filters() {
    add_filter( 'bp_email_use_wp_mail', function( $bool ) {
    return false;
    }, 10, 1 );
    }
    i hope this helps to future users
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the information here it really helps for the other users. Since the issue is resolved so marking the topic as resolved and closing the topic.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Buddypress template emails’ is closed to new replies.