Bug: Other language doesn't show the courses

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Bug: Other language doesn't show the courses

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    waytogo
    Spectator
    Hello vibethemes, our website https://onlinelessons.tv started in German language. So the members who subscribed to courses in this German language can perfectly see and manage all courses, also in the dashboard. On the left side in the dashboard you see exactly the numbers of courses which the member has booked. So if I install now WPML and translate the page in English (what we did now https://onlinelessons.tv/en), I get the following bug: If the German booked user with for example 12 courses subscribed switches, let's say in the dashboard, to English language. He sees in the dashboard the number 12 beside the word "courses", but on the right side (where usually he has access and see these 12 courses) there are no courses displayed any more and he has kind of no access to his booked courses which confuses him. So is there any workaround or haven't you thought about this issue and it is a bug? Additional information: in the English version we have different courses than in the German version (they are not connected with translation). So there is no direct translation of the course X in German and English but it should be possible to see the personally bought/subscribed German/English courses in the dashboard even if I switch the language. Solution would that I click on my subscribed course and the language will switch to the language of the course (link is for example a German course but I am in an English dashboard). I hope you understood the issue.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The courses in german language will not be shown in the enlish version of the website because the courses are different for different languages. You have two different versions of your website one is in english and one is in german. Both the versions of the website have their own courses and cannot be shown in both the versions. If the user is in german version of the website then she'll see only the german courses and if she's in english version then she'll see only the english courses.
    waytogo
    Spectator
    That is all clear for me as the web admin of the page but not clear for the user. Especially if he is in the dashboard where it says in the left menu that he has 10 courses but if he clicks on the menu courses he doesn't seem courses on the right. Nice improvement would be to show these 10 courses (at least greyed out or better selectable and with a click the user gets back to the language the course was made for). But if it says that the user has 10 courses and he doesn't see them on the right (I am only talking about the dashboard) overview it is confusing. The all courses overview is a different story but as I said I am only talking about coincidently or not switching the language and not being able to access/see the courses I have already subscribed too in the dashboard overview.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, We always assume that if there is a german user then she'll only take german courses and study german courses only, why would she go to the english version of the website. Similarly for the user in English version will only study the english courses and won't go to the german version of the website. Therefore currently we do not have any check present for the course count.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug: Other language doesn't show the courses’ is closed to new replies.