Bug: Quiz retake is not recording number of retakes and no previous scores

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Bug: Quiz retake is not recording number of retakes and no previous scores

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Guitc
    Spectator
    I just saw that buddypress is not recording the old users activity anywhere. Is that the problem? Will it only record new users activity after I activated the Activity option on it? Is there a way around this?
    Guitc
    Spectator
    @latiyan: I've double checked and it is recording the users activity correctly. I also created a new test user and went through the hole course with him. Everything went right until the quiz. I made the result 2/10 on the final quiz and received the success message for passing it, and the retake quiz still not working properly. Keeps saying that the results are not available. Follows attached image.
    Guitc
    Spectator
    <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">@Sirajcmr: Is it working for you? I created a new user and still not working properly here.</span> Latiyan made a test Quiz and questions and it worked ok on my site. But my Quizzes and Questions are not ok. Also Latiyan is taking 12 hours to respond here and I can't wait this long for a simple help.
    sirajcmr
    Spectator
    It does not work. I have provided details t him and will wait for an update Regards
    isigma
    Spectator
    Hi guys. Here are my results with the issue to add to the statistics. Activity is ON, quiz takes/retakes and being recorded in activity log. I created a totally new quiz an questions for the existing course. 1. Existing user in the course - evaluation is working, but the result is not being recorded, retakes are endless (I set 1 retake only) 2. Reset course for existing user - same results as before resetting 3. Kicked the student out and reapplied for the course - found a bug: after buying the course again, it starts on the Quiz page with Check results & Retake state. It looks like the system doesn't allow a fresh start even when the course was purchased over. - <span style="line-height: 1.5;">-same results as before resetting</span>
    Guitc
    Spectator
    @isigma: Sorry to hear but lets hope that now with 3 complaining about the same problem they start to pay attention to us and see that this is a serious bug and that is affecting our business right now as we speak. Hope not to hear they say again that they toke a look and everything is fine and let us mor 48h waiting. Disappointed with the support here.
    isigma
    Spectator
    well, I do not want to complain about slow respond, as I understand the waiting time is also time zone related, and everybody needs to sleep :) Let's hope to have this functional element fixed soon.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Confirmed it is bug. This is a bug and it got added in the last update when we changed the item_id of quiz retakes to add them in course activity section. Quick Fix : locate the following file : wplms/members/single/course/results.php Locate code : SELECT count(activity.content) FROM {$bp->activity->table_name} AS activity WHERE activity.component = 'course' AND activity.type = 'retake_quiz' AND user_id = %d AND item_id = %d ORDER BY date_recorded DESC " ,$user_id,$quiz_id)); And change it to   SELECT count(activity.content) FROM {$bp->activity->table_name} AS activity WHERE activity.component = 'course' AND activity.type = 'retake_quiz' AND user_id = %d AND ( item_id = %d OR secondary_item_id = %d ) ORDER BY date_recorded DESC " ,$user_id,$quiz_id,$quiz_id));     Fix would be available in the coming update. https://trello.com/c/9uIvYvQ5 Thanks for patience.
    Guitc
    Spectator
    Mr. Vibe: Mine code look as attached, and it looks little bit different. I tried your fix but still do not work properly. Now it sucked on "Number of Retakes: 1 of X" and the results still not available. Still need help. For anyone else did it work?
    sirajcmr
    Spectator
    unfortunately it did not work. mine also code looks slightly different from what Mr Vibe shared. I made the changes and it did not work. Now I restored the old result.php back and will wait for an update from the support team. Regards
    isigma
    Spectator
    Confirming. It doesn't work.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please refer the screenshot for an idea what you have to change in the code Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/a9aujm
    sirajcmr
    Spectator
    Hi, I made following changes but it did not work again :( and here is the result Here is my observation: 1. Even if I take the test 5 times, the count is always shows as 1 out of 10 (I have set number of retakes to 10) 2. Previous results are not available. 3. Many times when I do a retest, I found that old quiz options are already marked. I am not sure this is a feature or any cookies related issues. May I know anyone got this work? Support team: Feel free to login and check same issue. Login details were shared in my earlier post. PS: I am doing all these test using an existing user but I do reset and remove him from the course before I do this test. I join the course, complete all modules and then take the test and I am facing this issue. Regards
    isigma
    Spectator
    it's working, but displaying result for the first question in the quiz. Also doesn't show previous results.
    sirajcmr
    Spectator
    more observation: 1) If I create a brand-new Quiz (even by using older questions or brand new questions), the previous results are shown. 2) However, the number of count is stuck at 1, it is not increasing even if I take 2-3 retakes 3. For my existing course with quiz, previous results does not work and the count also does not work. Regards    
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug: Quiz retake is not recording number of retakes and no previous scores’ is closed to new replies.