Caching Plugins

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vasilisgtr
    Spectator
    Hi, Do you recommend any  Caching Plugin such as WP Super Cache or WP Super Cache? If not what do you recommend about caching and speeding wplms? Thank you in advance.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please refer to Mr. Vibe's comment on this topic: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/cache-plugin-recommended/
    vasilisgtr
    Spectator
    Ok, I read the post that you mentioned and the supported articles too. I am a little bit confused. In the post that you mentioned, I understand that it is not a good idea to use caching plugings. Instead, the use of memcached and varnish requires much deeper understanding and knowledge than installing a wp plugin. But in this post I found information and video, on how to enable caching with W3 Total Cache. What do you recommend and what is your suggestion between these options? Is it a good practice to use W3 Total Cache or not?  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    W3 Total Cache is a nice plugin to use, cache plugins are helpful to increase website loading speed. But we don't recommend cache plugins because it causes issues with wplms. This is because the same page is different for different users, like on single course page a student will see less options/details but admin will see more options and details. So cache plugins are not recommended by us. Still there are users who use this plugin without issues, so you can give it a try.
    DaffRider
    Participant
    Hi What's the correct value for WPLMS Cache Option ? 0, for disable ok but, <span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="">Small duration</span> <span class="">cache</span> <span class="">could have a negative</span> impact. Top <span class="">for stable</span> <span class="">websites.</span></span> Thank you for your help
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well that is dependent on your users and the pages that they used to access and how your server and setup performs with it . If your server supports object cache then you can try adding a small value in cache . 15 or 30 must be sufficient .
    DaffRider
    Participant
    Ok thx you Alex ;)  
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Caching Plugins’ is closed to new replies.