Cannot acces LMS > All Units in backend

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Cannot acces LMS > All Units in backend

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dantwah
    Spectator
    We recently got the folowing problem: When in the backend you try to enter the All Units, we get an http 500 error. It only happens at the all units, the rest of the pages is the same. The units are still available, and we can create new units through the front-end editing. The error it gives in the log: 2016/10/04 15:43:58 [error] 22503#22503: *148493 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /var/www/nlsoofos-tetekoy/wordpress/current/wp-includes/cache.php on line 674" while reading response header from upstream, client: 87.214.184.81, server: nlsoofos-tetekoy.savviihq.com, request: "GET /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=unit HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/dev/shm/php-fpm.nlsoofos-tetekoy.sock:", host: "soofos.nl", referrer: "http://soofos.nl/wp-admin/post.php?post=82625&action=edit"   We tried several things already but cannot find out where it goes wrong. Could you be of assistance here?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The error clearly states that the memory is exhausted, so try contacting your webhost and ask them to increase the memory.
    mastercands
    Participant
    Hi There. I got a similar issue with the "All Unit Backend". Not sure what happen but for known reason it is not working (simple showing a blank page). This is only for the "All Unit" the rest is working well/fine. What I did so far: 1) Plugins are up to date; 2) I did not added any new plugin 3) I was just adding new Units Currently I have around 650 units
    dantwah
    Spectator
    The same problem is back at our end again as well. I've done some more research, and I think i've found the problem (I don't know how to resolve it though, not a real developer myself and not sure if it's "safe" to do). I think it is similar to this problem (and solution). We have around ~4000 units in our system (and it's increasing constantly). http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/160203/problem-loading-custom-post-type-admin-page http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/212506/custom-post-type-20k-posts-blank-404-within-admin-edit-php @Mr Vibe, could you take a look at this, and see if this is a possible solution for us?
    dantwah
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The number of units should not put load on the WP admin - All units panel. The load is put by this setting :    Note that this value is same for All posts, all pages, all courses etc. So change this value and it will apply to all.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    So problem was gone, has come back again... How can i change amount of units shown when the page does not load. It does not work if i change the amount on all courses etc. So in which file can I find this setting so I can edit it via FTP? kind regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This issue is not at all related to the theme but with WordPress in general and the memory limit set by your server. This value is not saved in any file but in the WP usermeta table edit_unit_per_page option key, so you need to change this in the database directly. It would be great if you can keep this value as per the limits set by your web host to avoid this issue in future.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    hi alex thanks for getting back at us. We have changed the value, but still we cant gain acces. We have even set it to 5 and still the page won't load and gives the error that the memory is exhausted.. Could there be something else causing this? The strange thing is it only occurs on the units page.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Can you please share the full error what you are seeing in there ? Also if possible share the site url and the credentials to check this. Also make sure your memory limit is atleast 128mb. PS: Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the credentials, I checked your website and found out that its showing 500 error on the unit in backend. Please share the php error log with us to check why this error is occurring on your website. Also try contacting your webhost for this issue as this can also be related to your webhost.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I checked your website again, and it is showing the memory issue. It is trying to allocate 268.43 mb approx and I don't why it is trying to allocate this much of memory in your website. I also tried to create a new admin user and checked but found the same error. I have deleted that temporary user which I created in your website. -------------- This issue is not coming from the wplms theme or its plugins. So try contacting your webhost for this issue.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot acces LMS > All Units in backend’ is closed to new replies.