Cannot assign questions to quizzes

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Cannot assign questions to quizzes

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    moxiedoggy
    Spectator
    I have all of my questions logged in the question bank. But when I go to assign them to a quiz, I see the questions, but I am unable to choose and assign the question to the quiz. Leaving me with a blank quiz. Thanks so much.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please try  removing the linkage for the quiz or questions if you have any  or disabling the linkage from wp-admin ->wplms -> course manager.
    moxiedoggy
    Spectator
    I'm sorry Alex. I do not know what you mean. Could you please be more specific? I have asked my web designer as well and he too does not understand what you are referencing. Thanks so much, Alex. Rob
    Joey Suarez
    Spectator
      Under your Admin panel in WP, go to the section that says WPLMS, and under that setting, look for COURSE MANAGER. Once you're on COURSE MANAGER, scroll down to the last option, which reads: ENABLE LINKAGE. If you have it on, turn it off and then see if that allows you to add the questions. The downside of turning it off is that it's going to make it more tedious to find the questions you're looking to add to your quizzes.
    Joey Suarez
    Spectator
    In reference to this question, Alex, I too started experiencing issues with linkage today. I added two more quizzes to the 49 quizzes we already had, and the issue started popping up. Here's a video of what happens: https://youtu.be/W7nH4liB4Wc We had linkage turned on since the beginning of us creating the site. Today, we turned it off based on what you suggested to this other user. Is the linkage feature broken now? It had been working fine until we tried it today. We haven't created new content for the site in over two weeks. We just started again today.
    moxiedoggy
    Spectator
    Thank you. But once I turn it off, how do I find the questions to add to the quizzes? I have not done this before. Also, is there a bigger problem going on with the questions/quiz assignment feature? This was working just fine a few weeks ago and works well with new courses as well. It just won't work with the example quiz I showed you.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi , moxiedoggy , Please make sure that you have provided the linkage in your questions that you want to select in quiz . The questions which have the same linkage as the quiz will show in the quiz to be selected .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi Joey Suarez, We checked the video ,please check if the last two questions that is not showing in your quiz have the same linkage as the quiz there .
    Joey Suarez
    Spectator
    Hey, Alex! They do have the same linkage. As displayed on the video between seconds 45 and minute 1:10 (I know it was kinda long, sorry about that), you can see that the linkage is the same for all four questions. If I add the four questions, all at once, there appears to be no issue until I save the post (check video from 1:52 to 2:18). If, after adding the four questions and saving, I then disable linkage, the last two questions return to normal display on the quiz (minute 2:19 to the en of the video). It's important to point out, too, that even though the questions look funky on the quiz post, the actual quiz appears to be just fine: http://youtu.be/jDEqTOBwszs Notice that, on second 58, you can see the dropdown options available for the third question. Those questions are not there when I first try to set the questions (like I did on the first video, the longer one), because these questions do not have matching linkage. I will be adding more questions and quizzes today. I'll see if any of them also break with linkage on.
    moxiedoggy
    Spectator
    I have followed your instructions with the links, but this is not helping. I still cannot assign questions to quizzes. We are stuck. Can you please advise. Thank you.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please try disabling the linkage from the wplms ->course manager  ->Enable Linkage : Refer : http://prntscr.com/8r5z6w
    moxiedoggy
    Spectator
    Hi Alex- That is exactly what I did a few days ago upon your original suggestion. However it is not working and does not solve the issue at hand. Now what please? Thank you.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Disabling the linkage should have make all the questions available in the drop down. Can you please share admin credentials and site url to check this issue . PS : mark the reply as private while sharing the info .
    moxiedoggy
    Spectator
    Thanks Alex. So you are correct. Recent courses that I have added <span style="text-decoration: underline;">work just fine</span>. However the course examples (screenshots) I provided when I started this support ticket <span style="text-decoration: underline;">still will not populate</span> the questions. I can see the drop down and find the appropriate questions, but when chosen, they will not populate and save. site: http://www.thesportsmindinstitute.com/beta/ user: R_Elwood pass: muntzman   Thanks very much, Alex. Please provide as much detail as possible when replying as I am a rookie on WP and WPLMS. Thanks :-)!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We checked your site and found no such issue there . Please note that if you add the new questions in quiz and then try sorting theme immediately then some questions  are not saved . this is a known issue . Please follow these steps to save your questions appropriately : 1. Add the new questions ,select questions ,give marks . 2. Update the quiz (do not sort any question) . 3. Now you can sort the questions .Sort the questions ans then update the quiz . Please note here that if you sort the questions right after saving theme then some questions might not get saved . I would also like to inform you that in the upcoming updates we will add a ajax search field in place if the dropdown  . In this field you have to type some initial alphabet of the question then the dropdown will popuplate matching your initials and then you can select questions from it .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot assign questions to quizzes’ is closed to new replies.