How do I edit my profile, including updating my avatar? When I click on “Edit your profile,” I receive the error message “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”
1) Will the new forum send email notifications when a ticket has been answered? If so, do I need to do anything? At this point, I cannot edit my profile.
2) The old forum showed the options “New support ticket” or “Check ticket status.” Very convenient, readily visible, and quick. Will this feature be in the new forum? Hope so!
3) Suggestion: I liked that I could use a unique avatar in the previous forum that related to that forum. Gravatar is universal, so an image appropriate for this forum may not be appropraite for another.6 years, 11 months ago sandyMember
1. You will need to subscribe to the topic. See the very first post and there is a button on the right hand side to subscribe to the topic.
2. Earlier it was a ticket based system, but now we have switched to forum based support to increase knowledge sharing among the members. So as of now these functions are not available here. But we will try to improve on this. Thanks for the feedback.
3. We chose Gravatar since it is the recognized globally, as of now this is the only option.
Ok- appreciate the explanation.
By the way- I am glad you have a desire to improve the forum and your plugins. Some developers do not and end up presenting an apathetic, do-not-care attitude (which results in a bad impression, negative word-of-mouth, and loss of business). Glad you at VibeThemes respond kindly and with solutions. 🙂
Suggestion: don’t forget to update your favicon for the forum site! 🙂
p.s. can I set my settings to automatically be notified of follow-up replies via email, instead of having to remember to check the box for each topic? (I keep forgetting to check the box!).
Thanks!6 years, 11 months ago AlexKeymaster
Yes you need to check if you want email notification for the topic .
Thanks for the favicon suggestion 🙂
The topic ‘Cannot edit my profile? Says I "do not have permission…"’ is closed to new replies.