Can't Find 'Create A Group' Button In Groups Page !

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Can't Find 'Create A Group' Button In Groups Page !

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    el_experts
    Spectator
    Hi, I am able to create 'Group' from admin dashboard. But, I notice that the Groups Directory page does not have 'Create a Group' button, so, any user other than admin cannot create a group. https://prnt.sc/k82usk Can you pls have a look? regards el_experts
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    You have to enable the Group creation setting to all users can create groups. To do this please go to wp-admin -> settings -> buddypress ->options-> Group Creation. Refer : http://prntscr.com/k8dchu
    el_experts
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Please change your directory layout from wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customize -> Layout -> Directory layout then it will work fine.  
    el_experts
    Spectator
    Thanks Mark for your tip. Now I am able to create a Group. But, when I click and enter the Group, it leads to a blank page. What I should do next? el_experts
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    After you enter the group click on manage tab to add description and to change other settings of the group.
    el_experts
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please share your valid admin credentials to check this issue out . PS : mark reply as private while sharing
    el_experts
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Sorry to follow this up after some delay. I am still struggling with this Group feature. Can I send you the admin credentials so that you can help me out on this? regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    yes please send your creds
    el_experts
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    thanks for sharing creds but I was not able to see the plugins menu to check your plugins . Please try deactivating your third party plugins in your site . also check if you bp profile cover plugin in your site , please deactivate it also .
    el_experts
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Just as you suggested, I de-activated the BP Profile cover plugin and now I am able to create Group and join the Group page as well. But, the Group page dashboard menu looks expanded instead of being compressed in drawer menu. https://prnt.sc/l9znpm Pls have a look ! Regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    change the groups layout form wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> layouts -> group layout .
    el_experts
    Spectator
    Hi, In wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> layouts -> group layout -- there are 4 types. I have tried all 4 of them, the result is the same. Since you already the admin credentials, can you pls look at this again ? rgds
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't Find 'Create A Group' Button In Groups Page !’ is closed to new replies.