Can't work out batches, or get them to work.

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Can't work out batches, or get them to work.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    Hi there, I have watched the videos, I have followed the process, but I just can't seem to get it working. What I want to achieve is simple, I want all our courses to be free for logged in users. We issue the logins, there is no facility to register, the site is in lock down mode. I bought the batches plugin, because we want a nominated person to be able to monitor the group of students, gather data, print certificates etc. I created a batch as per video.  I added all the courses on the site to the batch (all courses are free) I then added some users to the group, I then picked a person and made him moderator. The group is hidden. here is my problem, I can't see how to get to the group, the group doesn't appear on my group tab from the drop down at the top by my name.  When I manually go to the group URl, I can't see anything of use, as when I click on a student name, I am redirected to the home page. The moderator has been added as an instructor (I tried student but that didn't work). We can't add him as a site admin as he will then have total access to the back end which we need to keep private. Any advice please?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, There is an alternative to this, you can make this batch as the course group for all courses i.e. edit the course and in groups add this batch. Now since all the courses in the website has the same group therefore whenever a student enrolls in a course she will automatically added in the batch.
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    what about the moderator/admin? does an admin in a group have access as an admin in Wordpress or is it just for the courses within the batch? Also how do we see all the students and what they have done, ? Thanks
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    How do I add a batch to the group as the only group showing is 'registered'
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    Also, once I get all courses in the batch and all users in the batch, how do I get their stats on the instructors dashboard page. thanks  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Admin of group is different than the wordpress admin. The group admin can only control the group/batch. -------------- Edit the course and in components section you can see the course group, set the course group from there. -------------- The batch statistics are different and it will not be shown on the instructor dashboard. You can see the statistics on the group page->statistics.
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    Ok here is the scenario. 20 courses. All students have access to all courses. group 1 has 10 students, group 2 a different set of 10 students. Each group has a person who manages that group so needs to see the statistics. neither group must be aware of the other group, and neither manager should be able to access the statistics of the other group. what is the best way to achieve this?   is it to create 2 batches make the manager batch admin? But how do we add the users to that batch?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes create two batches group 1 and group 2. The batch admin can see the batch student's statistics from the batch/group page. You can add the students in the batch from the batch members, refer: http://prntscr.com/h7s3rx You can also add students in bulk through csv, refer: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/bulk-add-students-to-batch-via-csv/
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    How do I get to that page you have screenshot?  
    Diana
    Participant
    Hi, This is the batch page, when you create a batch then on the batch page you can see this option.
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    WHAT batch page?  your videos doen't show batch administration do they? it just says go to the course page and create a batch? please can you help with this, some sort of url would help :(  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, When you go to the course page and create a batch there, then you can click on the edit button to go to that batch page/group page. Batches are actually the groups in buddypress so in the backend go to groups and there you can see all the groups/batches created you can open it to go to the batch page.
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    thnks  
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't work out batches, or get them to work.’ is closed to new replies.