Certificates are not always granted

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Certificates are not always granted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi There, Unfortunately the certificates are not always granted reliably. Our users complete the course, answer the quiz and still do not receive a certificate. I have set all courses to "evaluate automatically" and also activate automatically triggered on completion of all the units and quizzes. Any ideas? It seems that sometimes the courses are not correctly terminated and evaluated by the system. Many greetings Michael
    Veronica
    hi, can you please provide the video of the issue that you are facing by which we will be able to replicate the steps on your site. like in which course with which certificate etc after that we will replicate the same on your site and check the settings and then make changes accordingly if needed!
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi, It's hard for me to make a video that shows the error, because I don't know when or why the error occurs. I only have more and more users who do not receive a certificate after completing the course and passing the quiz. As the number of users increases, the effort of manually issuing the certificates is no longer possible. We have set all courses to automatic evaluation and 80% correct answers to pass the quiz. Most of the time it works. But not always. I can set up an admin account for you if you want to check the settings with us. I am sure you will find the wrong settings faster. Please let me know how to proceed. Greetings Michael
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi, Here is an interesting screenshot of a course that was completely finished, but was internally rated 60 out of 100. In our case only at 80% a certificate is awarded. The user has seen all contents and completed the quiz with 50 out of 50 points. So why is the overall result not 100 of 100? Screenshot
    Veronica
    hi, it's totally depend on the settings of the course, marks assigned with the quiz and total marks you have set for the course if you want  to evaluate the course only on the basic of the quiz then total marks should be same.
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi, With all due respect, but that is an answer that does not really help me. Maybe I just don't understand how your rating system works. For instance where can I set total marks for the course? I only know the possibility to specify in percentages from when a certificate is issued. For example 80 %. I believe that in the example shown, internally the course is not set to 100% even though all lessons have been seen and the quiz passed. Please be so kind as to explain me exemplarily the steps which are necessary for a certificate to be issued automatically. What has to be set where to make this work?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    well in wplms if there is a quiz in course the total marking depends on the quiz marks .Marking units complete does not count then . Now this is how the percentage calculated : (total of user marks in all quizzes / total of all quiz marks) * 100 So average of all quiz marks is taken . So if user completes all units but does not score well in quiz then he will be failing in overalll percentage .  
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, thank you for your answer. I'll keep playing with the settings ;-) I've just set the quiz to react. I especially like the extended evaluation. Two questions about it: 1) How do you calculate the percentages in the overview "Overall correct percentages by each question"? 2) Where can I translate the individual values and switches with Loco Translate? Thanks for your support.
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hello Alex, I have already solved one problem. I have found the places for the translations ;-) Only the evaluation "Overall correct percentages by each question" I cannot explain. I have synchronized the option "Calculate question correct percentages". But I don't understand the statement of the evaluation. Two examples: A question has three answers, two of them are correct. There are 20 points for correct answers to the questions. If the question is answered completely wrong, "Q1 78%" appears in the evaluation. What does that mean? Just by the way: The colour of the field is yellow. Why not red, so that you can immediately see that the question was answered completely wrong? For a question with three answers (one is correct) you get 10 points. If the question is answered correctly, the evaluation shows "Q2 56%".  Why not 100%? I believe that if we are offered such an evaluation, it should be clear and easy to understand, especially for the user: 1) The colour code explains itself: Green = correct, yellow = partially correct, red = incorrect, blue = not answered 2) The percentages provide information about the number of points achieved. All correct = 100% Maybe I don't understand it all quite yet. Please enlighten me...
    Veronica
    hi, can you please provide the video of the same that you are mentioning here! actually we need to check this on your setup. the video will elp us to replicate the same.
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi, Unfortunately I do not have time to produce long films for you. In my previous message I described the setting of the questions to you. I also told you the results. I would simply be happy about an explanation what the given percentages in your evaluation mean. Greetings Michael
    Veronica
    hi, i need to test the same that the marks you are talking about above is happening in the same way or not then i will reply you here. if i forgot to do then please ping me.
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi, Dear Veronica, I'm running out of advice. Almost every second customer does not get a certificate, although he has seen all lessons and completed the quiz with full points. It is very annoying to hand out so many certificates by hand. Here I show you an example where the customer has seen everything and has finished the quiz with supposedly 60 points. In reality the quiz consists of 5 questions with 10 points each. So a maximum of 50 points is possible. In the course result, the customer scores only 60 out of 100, which is below the preset 80% for passing the course. Thus he does not receive a certificate although he has done everything correctly. Sreenshot So where is the mistake? My feeling tells me that your system does not calculate correctly. Or do I have a wrong setting somewhere? I urgently ask you for support.
    Veronica
    ok now please try to understand the math here. this is the calculation process:  (total of user marks in all quizzes / total of all quiz marks) * 100 so according to your quiz total marks of quiz= 60 user obtained marks = 60 so 60/60*100 = 100 >BUT  YOUR TOTAL MARKS = 100 USER OBTAINED MARKS = 60  SO 60/100*100= 60 SO IT'S DEPEND ON THE TOTAL MARKS IF YOUR TOTAL MARKS IS DIFFERENT FROM QUIZ TOTAL MARKS THEN IT'S FOR SURE THAT THE EVALUATION WILL BE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR EXPECTATIONS. ACCORDING TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS: TOTAL MARKS SHOULD BE EQUAL TO THE QUIZ TOTAL MARKS. i hope this will clear your all doubts.
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi Veronica, Thanks for your answer. It makes me hope that it's just a problem of understanding. Please tell me where I place the "Total Marks"? So far, I have only ever entered the number of points to be achieved per question in the quiz. Where do I enter the total score for the course? Thanks for your patience. Once I solve this problem, it will save me a lot of work.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘Certificates are not always granted’ is closed to new replies.