change one word

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues change one word

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Where and how can I change this word? Underneath the login... image
    logan
    Hello, add this code in your customizer plugin. add_action('init', function(){ ?> <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script> <script> jQuery(document).ready(function($){ $("body.login div#login p#nav>a:first-child").text("translated register text should be here!!"); }); </script> <?php }); refer: http://prntscr.com/o79ul0
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    That worked! Thanks. You can close this one.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Don't close! I noticed that the code gave unlimited jquery errors. And it made my courses page be blank... Any idea how come? I deleted the code and the page loaded perfectly fine again. :)
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Is there not a way to translate the word using Loco translate?
    logan
    Please try to find in wplms theme and BuddyPress plugin. don't forget to sync.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I found such a string in Buddypress but it didn't change on the site after adjusting the translation and saving and syncing it. Perhaps because I dont have a local buddypress file?
    logan
    i have searched thoroughly and found that this is coming from wordpress itself. whatever you select as your site language, it automatically translate in that language.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Is it possible to change that?
    logan
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Dear Logan, Your first link doesn't refer to my issue. I have the Dutch language set. I want a Dutch word translated to another Dutch word.. With regard to your second link. I have the text changed that you see after wrong username/passwoord. I've added it at the bottom of this post. I'm talking about this one word. code: add_filter('login_errors','login_error_message'); function login_error_message($error){ //check if that's the error you are looking for $pos = strpos($error, 'incorrect'); if (is_int($pos)) { //its the right error so you can overwrite it $error = "Gebruikersnaam/wachtwoord klopt niet. <p>Tip1: Gebruikersnaam is niet hoofdlettergevoelig</p> <p>Tip2: Gebruik emailadres als gebruikersnaam</p> <p>Tip3: Verwijder browsergeschiedenis</p> <p>Tip4: Kies hieronder voor 'wachtwoord vergeten'</p>"; } return $error; }
    logan
    Sparky :) add this code in your customizer plugin. function my_custom_login_label( $translated_text, $text, $domain ) { if (in_array( $GLOBALS['pagenow'], array( 'wp-login.php', 'wp-register.php' ) )) { if ($translated_text === 'Username or Email Address') $translated_text = 'YOUR TEXT'; if ($translated_text === 'Password') $translated_text = 'YOUR TEXT'; if ($translated_text === 'Register') $translated_text = 'YOUR TEXT'; if ($translated_text === 'Remember Me') $translated_text = 'YOUR TEXT'; if ($translated_text === 'Lost your password?') $translated_text = 'YOUR TEXT';   return $translated_text; } } add_filter( 'gettext', 'my_custom_login_label', 20, 3 ); refer: http://prntscr.com/o9ern0
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    The code conflicts with the customizer.php code in line 166: add_action( 'bbp_template_redirect', 'action_bbp_template_redirect'); This is the message that I get: Jouw PHP-wijzigingen zijn teruggedraaid vanwege een fout op regel 166 in het bestand wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-wpb-map.php. Repareer en probeer opnieuw. Uncaught Exception in wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-wpb-map.php:166 Stack trace: #0 wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/helpers/helpers_api.php(40): WPBMap::map('rev_slider', Array) #1 wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/tinybox.class.php(89): vc_map(Array) #2 wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): RevSliderTinyBox::add_to_VC('') #3 wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #4 wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 wp-settings.php(525): do_action('init') #6 wp-config.php(93): require_once('/home/public/si...') #7 wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/public/si...') #8 /home/public/sites/www.meeste
    logan
    Try this one: function my_custom_login_label( $translated_text, $text, $domain ) { if (in_array( $GLOBALS['pagenow'], array('wp-login.php') )) { if ($translated_text === 'Username or Email Address') $translated_text = 'YOUR 1'; if ($translated_text === 'Password') $translated_text = 'YOUR 2'; if ($translated_text === 'Register') $translated_text = 'YOUR 3'; if ($translated_text === 'Remember Me') $translated_text = 'YOUR 4'; if ($translated_text === 'Lost your password?') $translated_text = 'YOUR 5'; } return $translated_text; } add_filter( 'gettext', 'my_custom_login_label', 99999, 3 );
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    No it doesn't give an error when adding to customizer.php, but it doesn't translate the strings..
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘change one word’ is closed to new replies.