Change page title

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Change page title

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ste_yeu
    Spectator
    Hello, I followed these steps (link: http://support.vibethemes.com/support/solutions/articles/1000165336-change-the-page-title-of-the-course-directory) to change the title of the page "Course Diurectory", but it doesn't work... What did I wrong??? I inserted < div class="container">
    add_filter( 'init',array($this,'yoast_seo_title_fix'),20);
    </div>
    into
    public function __construct(){
    and
    < div class="line number1 index0 alt2"> < div class="container">
    functionyoast_seo_title_fix() {
        if(class_exists(WPSEO_Frontend)){
            add_filter( 'wp_title', array( WPSEO_Frontend::get_instance(), 'title'), 25, 3 );
        }
    }
    </div> </div>
    into
    function wplms_define_constants(){
    Thank you in advance!
    ste_yeu
    Spectator
    EDIT Hello,  I followed your official guide to change the title of the page "Course Diurectory", but it doesn't work... What did I wrong??? I inserted add_filter( 'init',array($this,'yoast_seo_title_fix'),20); into    public function __construct(){   and    functionyoast_seo_title_fix() { if(class_exists(WPSEO_Frontend)){ add_filter( 'wp_title', array( WPSEO_Frontend::get_instance(), 'title'), 25, 3 ); } } into function wplms_define_constants(){   Thank you in advance!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes the tip is not working as of now in wplms ,we are trying to check the issue and will update the tip soon  .
    ste_yeu
    Spectator
    Ok, thank you!
    sandy
    Ok, Thanks for pointing out. While we check the issue, please confirm the following : a. You have WordPRess SEO  plugin (by Yoast) installed. b. You've added a new Title string in Yoast SEO metabox in the page which is used for course directory.
    ste_yeu
    Spectator
    a. You have WordPRess SEO  plugin (by Yoast) installed. b. You've added a new Title string in Yoast SEO metabox in the page which is used for course directory.
    a. Yes. b. Yes, but it's strange, it shows the title of a specific course page. I tried to change this title in metabox in course directory page and in the specific course page, bu it remains the same...
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes the tip seems not be working as of now for the. This is an issue with ,we are trying to fix this issue and will be fixed in the upcoming update of the vbie course module and vibe custom types plugin .  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    This still remains a pending bug. Quick fix : Try creating a new page and connect this with WP Admin - Settings - BuddyPress - Course
    ste_yeu
    Spectator
    Quick fix : Try creating a new page and connect this with WP Admin - Settings - BuddyPress - Course
    I updated to 26th Nov'15 release and tried this trick, but it doesn't work. Do you think it could be fixed with another SEO plugin?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This trick worked a our site . Please remove the custom code for the fix and also try deactivating the seo plugin and then create a new all courses page and assign this in buddypress settings .
    ste_yeu
    Spectator
    Tried, nothing. :(
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Wel this is na issue we are facing ,but u created a new all courses page and assign it as the course directory and it solved the issue . Can you share your admin credentials and site url to check this out . Ps:mark reply as private while sharing info . Make sure that your theme asn all plugins are updated to latest versions . Latest Versions   WPLMS v 1.9.9.1 Vibe Course Module v 1.9.9.3 Vibe CustomTypes v 1.9.9.3 Vibe Shortcodes v 1.9.9.1 WPLMS Dashboard v 1.9.9.1 WPLMS Assignment v 1.9.9.1 WPLMS Front End v 1.9.9.6   WPLMS EventOn v 1.3.1
    ste_yeu
    Spectator
    Hello, thank you for your help! WPLMS EventOn v seems not updated, I tried to update it... LOGIN: http://www.formazionefutura.com/wp-admin/ User: formazionefutura Password: K%gO2ipywzi)fsPjkY
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please remove all of the previous codes and add this code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin : function wpls_course_directory_title($title){ global  $bp;   if ($bp->current_component == 'course'){     if(is_page()){       return 'Course Directory';     }   } return $title; } add_filter('wpseo_title','wpls_course_directory_title',10);  
    ste_yeu
    Spectator
    function wpls_course_directory_title($title){ global  $bp; if ($bp->current_component == 'course'){ if(is_page()){ return 'Course Directory'; } } return $title; } add_filter('wpseo_title','wpls_course_directory_title',10);
      This code didn't fix the issue. However I resolved with All In One SEO Pack plugin and then by activing it, creating a new all courses page and assigning this in buddypress settings.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Change page title’ is closed to new replies.