Changing default settings for created course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Changing default settings for created course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I would like to change some default settings of courses, units and quizzes to be set when they are created. Almost all of our courses have the same settings so it would be a great advantage if the instructor can get it after creation by default with good settings. We are working on frontend, and I'm on 3.9.9 Please tell me where and how can I change those default values!
    Diana
    Participant
    In version 3.9.9 we have this feature: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/course-templates/ Course templates, and the same settings can be created as template, then we can upload the same in courses Now please tell me for which quiz settings, you want default settings
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Your program has great functionalities. I have already found in topics the template possibility and it is working well for courses. Thanks for the idea. I have also found some customizer hook possibilities for unit and quiz settings. But as I see this is very specific. I would like to have in quiz those settings as default: Quiz duration parameter : Minutes Auto evaluate result : Show Post quiz message: "CONGRATULATIONS!" All the rest settings are good as it is default now. For unit settings as I see the unit duration is blank by default. Is it the same as 0 or what the blank mean? In our case, the units are used mainly for time shield function so I need max 1 sec for duration. But if the blank mean 0. It is also good so I do not need changes in that. Thanks for your help in advance!
    Diana
    Participant
    For unit settings as I see the unit duration is blank by default. Is it the same as 0 ---> yes blank is same as 0 While creating quiz: The duration parameter is by default minutes: http://prntscr.com/vinvz1 Checking for other two components
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have checked the quiz duration parameter after creating a new quiz from the frontend, and unfortunately, it was "sec". So I also need these parameter. I have find this code from Alex in one topic: Please try adding the given code in your wplms-customizer.php file at the end before “?>” in wplms customizer plugin . add_filter(‘wplms_course_metabox’,’custom_wplms_course_metabox33′,9999); function custom_wplms_course_metabox33($course_settings){ $course_settings[‘vibe_course_retakes’][‘std’]=5; $course_settings[‘vibe_course_auto_eval’][‘std’]=’S’; return $course_settings; } add_filter(‘wplms_course_creation_tabs’,’custom_wplms_course_creation_tabs’,9999); function custom_wplms_course_creation_tabs($settings){ $settings[‘course_settings’][‘fields’][13][‘default’]=5; $settings[‘course_settings’][‘fields’][1][‘default’]=’S’; return $settings; } Is it working in 3.9.9?
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Any answer to my questions?
    Diana
    Participant
    The above code will not work because it is for course not for quizzes. Please ping me tomorrow, I will update you finally what we can do here
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Hi, any update about the quiz default settings..?
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Thanks, you show me the right place.
    Diana
    Participant
    Welcome :)
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have tried to change the appropriate parts in the following code in class_wplms_front_end.php but nothing happened... it looks like something is overwrite these settings... $quiz_settings = array( 'vibe_subtitle' =>('Enter a Quiz sub-title','wplms-front-end'), 'vibe_quiz_course' => $course_id, 'vibe_duration' => 10, 'vibe_quiz_auto_evaluate' =>'H', 'vibe_quiz_dynamic' => 'H', 'vibe_quiz_tags'=>array(), 'vibe_quiz_number_questions'=>0, 'vibe_quiz_marks_per_question'=>0, 'vibe_quiz_retakes' => 0, 'vibe_quiz_random' => 'H', 'vibe_quiz_message' =>('CONGRATULATIONS!','wplms-front-end') ); $quiz_settings = apply_filters('wplms_front_end_quiz_settings',$quiz_settings); Any idea where could it be overwritten...? Probably in the last filter? But how can I this avoid, or where are those settings which are overwriting the above initializations?
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Any Idea..?
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Please tell me in which plugin and which file can I find the default value setting for: quiz_auto_evaluate quiz_message which will not be overwritten. The above settings are overwritten somewhere...
    Diana
    Participant
    Checking, Please wait
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing default settings for created course’ is closed to new replies.