Changing Templates

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Changing Templates

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    melgend
    Participant
    Hello, I want to know if changing templates affects my content currently on my website at all? ie. if I have created a series of courses and then I decide to change a template. Do those courses exist in the new template I have chosen? Many thanks for providing me this information and any other elements I should be aware of when changing templates with a site that has content on it already. Thank you,  
    maximus
    @melgend Templates are hard coded part of our theme so that we can't modify the page templates from frontend as well as from the WP-ADMIN. All the templates having different content so when we change the template then content will be conflict because which template you will select then the content will show of that particular template. We have created many templates in our wplms theme. refer: http://prntscr.com/oe3o90 Course is not related with the template. If you create a course and change the template then course will not show. Template is just like a layout which is used to show the content of a particular page. For example: Let we have a course name as "course status" page then it needs a template name as "start course page template". Because "start course page" works as a layout for the course status page. So every template works as a layout for particular pages.
    melgend
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ava
    Yes, changing the template, you would loose the content.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing Templates’ is closed to new replies.