Combine js & Stylesheets plugin

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Combine js & Stylesheets plugin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    hashur
    Participant
    Hello: I need to find a plugin to combine js and stylesheets into one js and one stylesheet, to improve page loading speed, I was advised not to use any cache plugin (w3 or total cache). Is their a plugin that does not conflict with WPLMS ? Thank You  
    logan
    Heya, you can use any cache plugin to speed up your site but when you are using it, do not select js & css minification because these codes are already minified and when you again try to minify it. the behaviour of all dependent elements change.
    hashur
    Participant
    Thank You Logan ..
    hashur
    Participant
    1- How about: Page Cache and Object Cache, Enable or Disable ? 2- I still have the combine issue (from gtmetrix.com): This page has 38 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one. This page has 13 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one. If I don't use minification, how can I combine js & css ? Thank You  
    logan
    Hello, use w3 total cache for this. refer this tutorial: https://code.tutsplus.com/articles/configuring-w3-total-cache-advanced-minification-settings--wp-31043 this will work. if anything goes wrong then revert back the changes. we use wp-rocket for wplms.io
    hashur
    Participant
    Hi Logan: Update. Activating Total Cache made a clear improvement on page speed. I also have a CDN which also has an impact. Question: I have CDN, Total Cache and the WPLMS theme, all involved in JS & CSS minification. Who has the upper control, my issue is with combining external JS & CSS into one.  I set Total Cache to Combine only (minify), but its not making any difference or impact on the combine external CSS * JS issue. Thank You Very Much
    logan
    Hello, we suggest our users to generic solutions. we can't do anything about it. we suggest you minify the CSS + js into one. there will be an option for it. and exclude dashboard page from the minification.
    hashur
    Participant
    Logan: Thank You Is this how you exclude: Never minify the following pages:  plugins/wplms-dashboard/ I also did not select Inline CSS (and JS) minification. Finally, I added the Autoptimize plugin, and that seems to be OK. How do I know if there are errors on the site ? Thank You very much
    logan
    • generally, it happens in the dashboard. when you click on dashboard, it will be loading on an infinite loop.

• on frontend, you cant upload course image.

these are the known issues.  

hashur
    Participant
    Thank You Logon: One question: under WPLMS, Miscellaneous, what is the best value for:  Cache Duration ? Thank You
    logan
    Hello, this only works for the all course directory page. we do not recommend to use this setting. it should be 0 always. there are better plugins like w3 and auto-optimize who does their work tremendously wow.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Combine js & Stylesheets plugin’ is closed to new replies.