Complete profile before proceeding

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Complete profile before proceeding

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Thank you for the plugin: https://github.com/VibeThemes/bp-profile-completion-status Is there a way to make it such that users need to complete the required field in the profile before they can proceed to courses? Or display a constant notification to complete the required field in profile?
    Mk
    You can use announcement for this. Download and activate wplms Announcement plugin and send an announcement for each user.
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Hi, I am not looking to just make an announcement. What I want is to force users to complete their profile and upload profile photo before accessing the courses they have enrolled for. I tried using the plugin “BuddyPress Profile Completion” available at https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-profile-completion/ but it seems to have no effect on wplms sites. For more details kindly check this thread on themeforest: https://themeforest.net/comments/21825199
    Mk
    Please tell me the fields that you want to be filled? Also, share FTP credentials. In case we need to check on your setup. thank you.
    For profile pic, this should work. add this code in your customizer. add_action('template_redirect',function (){     if(!is_user_logged_in())       return;     $user_id = get_current_user_id();     if(!vibe_bpuser_has_avatar($user_id) ){       wp_redirect(bp_loggedin_user_domain().'/edit?error=complete_profile');     }   });       add_action('bp_before_profile_content',function (){     if(!empty($_GET['complete_profile'])){       echo 'complete profile please';     }   });    
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mk
    Please Remove code from there and install and active wplms-customizer plugin and paste code in wplms-customizer.php file. This plugin will be required further too. All type of customization will take place in this plugin.
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Just for clarification, the features that I am looking for are exactly as the one's available in https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-profile-completion/ I have tested this plugin with wplms, but there is some conflict. The error message or notice that must be displayed to members, whose profile is not complete, is not displayed when using wplms theme.
    Mk
    Use this code and add in customizer.php . add_action('template_redirect',function (){     if(!is_user_logged_in())       return;     $user_id = get_current_user_id();   if(!get_avatar($user_id) || get_avatar_url($user_id) == VIBE_URL.'/assets/images/avatar.jpg'){     wp_redirect(bp_loggedin_user_domain().'profile/change-avatar/?check=complete_profile');     }    });       add_action('bp_before_profile_content',function (){     if(!empty($_GET['check']) && $_GET['check'] == 'complete_profile'){       echo 'COMPLETE PROFILE PLEASE';     }   });  
    I am unable to update code as it is advising to use FTP/sFTP. Please update code in your plugins -> wplms-customizer -> wplms-customizer.php
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    If I understand the code correctly, it will only work for profile avatar. I need it to work for all fields that are required in the buddypress profile. Also is it possible to not trigger this code when the user is on woocommerce checkout, woocommerce cart and woocommerce thank you pages.
    Mk
    As I asked you before, If you want it for other fields too please reply. I will have to add custom code for them too. Please tell me for which fields you want to check the required option.
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    The fields that I need to be completed include:
    • Name
    • Bio
    • Phone
    • Date of Birth
    • Profession
    • City
    Note: Redirection and notice for profile completion should not be triggered when on woocommerce checkout, woocommerce cart and woocommerce thank you pages.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Complete profile before proceeding’ is closed to new replies.