Course application as a step to CLP

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns Custom Learning Paths Course application as a step to CLP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Is it possible to add Applying to a particular course as a step in CLP?
    Diana
    Participant
    @ICHARS Yes it is possible refer: http://prntscr.com/knpotu
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Thank you for the response, though maybe I wasn't able to explain clearly. There is a course that a user can not directly purchase. They have to apply to the course and that application needs to be accepted by the instructor. Both these options are already available in wplms (https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/apply-for-course-in-wplms/) I would like these two steps:
    1. User submitting an application to the course and

2. Approval of the application by intructor

to be included in the learning path.

Diana
    Participant
    @ICHARS, Thanks for explaining in detail.  But the steps of CLP are actually the BuddyPress Activities of students. This particular step cannot be added using any custom code as a step in CLP. Apologies for this...
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Thank you for letting me know... Though I need a bit of clarity maybe I am not understanding the concept of buddypress activity in wplms. I ask because:
    1. When a user applies for a course it is visible as a buddypress activity in the course activity and also user activity. In the activity tab, both, on the user profile and the course, the activity is displayed as: ~ "User Nitin Shah applied for Course CHP Post Level 1" ~ Nitin Shah being the username of the student submitting an application.
    2. When the application is approved by the admin or the instructor, there is another Buddypress activity that is visible on the user and course activity tab as: ~ "Student Nitin Shah subscribed for course CHP Post Level 1"
    Since these activities are visible in the activity tabs, aren't they actually Buddypress activities of the student? If they are, it should be possible to add them as a step in CLP, shouldn't it be? Kindly suggest...
    Diana
    Participant
    @ICHARS, This filter is used to add steps in CLP. Let me check this using custom code wplms_clp_get_step_types
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Any updates on this?
    Diana
    Participant
    @ICHARS, Apologies for the delayed response here.. I forgot to update you. Choose this step in Learning Path Refer: http://prntscr.com/kspeg7
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Thank you for the response, This selection will be for the step "application is approved by instructor". How do I add a step for "Apply to Course"?
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Any updates?
    Diana
    Participant
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Kindly update
    Diana
    Participant
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Can you please take this as custom request and help me with this asap. Without this my usage of the CLP plugin and the entire setup of my website completely goes for a toss. This is really really important for what I am trying to do with the site.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘Course application as a step to CLP’ is closed to new replies.