Course duration show – certificate

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Course duration show – certificate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    tuaptitud
    Spectator
    Hello team. How to show the duration of the course on the student's certificate? The time a student has to take the course (it can be 3 months or a year), but the course only lasts 36 effective hours (for example); What the certificate should show is the duration of the course in hours, that is 36 hours, not 3 months or one year. How to do that? If the duration in hours is 36 hours and 25 minutes, the certificate should only show the duration of 36 hours (skip the minutes), or perhaps round the calculation to the nearest limit, for example if the course lasts 36 hours and 42 minutes, then it could show as 37 hours. Thank you.
    Veronica
    hello, please provide the site URL and credentials in private reply i will check this at your end. but right now this is not available. but still i will check it.
    tuaptitud
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    hi, to skip the remaining unit of the time is not possible because it already makes use of the floor function of PHP. which automatically converts and remove the remaining time duration that does not come in any time stamp like minutes or seconds in decimals. so for now this not available. but I will discuss it with my team members and maybe we can keep this in the next update. thanks for your patience.  
    tuaptitud
    Spectator
    Hello, Do you have any updates on this? It is important to show the duration of the course in the certificates, that is, the time that the course lasts (sum of the duration of the units). [certificate_course_duration] is not a logical option, since it shows the time in which the student took the course (it can be a month or a year) For example, if the sum of the time of the units of the cuso with 36 hours, the certificate must show the 36 hours, it does not matter if the student completed the course in 1 month or one year.
    Diana
    Participant
    tuaptitud
    Spectator
    That works, but there is still a problem. Shows the duration only in minutes, ex. If the course lasts 10 hours, it shows 600 minutes (10 hours x 60 minutes). In the link, I saw that you can change the word minutes for hours in the code editor (wpmls_customizer), so now it will not show 10 hours, not 600 minutes, but 600 hours, which is an error. It should show 10 hours.
    Diana
    Participant
    Okay, thanks for pointing me out. But the issue is I can't check the code here. Please create your own topic and share the credentials so I can look into that. And please mention everything
    tuaptitud
    Spectator
    Diana
    Participant
    Added the correct code on your site. Please test and let me know.
    tuaptitud
    Spectator
    Unfortunately it doesn't work. Now I have a giant number followed by the word "hours".
    Diana
    Participant
    tuaptitud
    Spectator
    Hi, Diana. Please try any course, the existing certificate template, or a new one. The site is live, but no student has a certificate issued yet.
    Diana
    Participant
    tuaptitud
    Spectator
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Course duration show – certificate’ is closed to new replies.