Course expired error

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Course expired error

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RD78
    Spectator
    There are a few issues to review here please:
    1. I receive the message course expired when it is a free course with a long expiry date (something like 10,000 days). (see doc attached).
    2. For the assignment submission type I have selected upload file but the text box is also shown and it asks me to leave a comment which I don't want here. (see doc)
    3. Students and admin don't have the option of selecting a 'complete the course button'. I can't figure out why this is not showing. I have made sure that in course Manager the student is not forced to complete the assignment first.
    4. students are unable to click on the quiz to take it even after submitting an assignment but admin can enter the quiz. The quiz 'test' is shown to the student but the student cannot click the link.
    Please can you review these issues. I am using the latest versions of the plugins and am unable to resolve this manually.
    RD78
    Spectator
    Login details the same as the previous post: 'Instructor / Student widget error
    RD78
    Spectator
    I also receive this error when I attempt to submit an assignment: Fatal error: Call to undefined function messages_new_message() in /home/robdaking/public_html/learn/wp-content/plugins/vibe-course-module/includes/bp-course-notifications.php on line 1704
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Please make sure that you have provided a course duration to your course in course settings . 2. We are suing wordpress default comments template in the assignment and it is important to post some content in comment as per wp architecture .This is why the textbox is there even the assignment type is upload file .This can be used fro the details to send abput the file . 3.  Can you please clarufy more on this issue ? Share screenshot and steps to replicate . 4. Please goto wplms -> course manager -> unit locking -> free access. Please make sure when you use the assignment and touch point messages is enabled from lms settings -> touch points then you must have enabled the activities and messages component from settings -> buddypress -> components .
    RD78
    Spectator
    Hi, Thanks for your response.
    1. The course duration is 100000 to ensure that this was not an issue (I have used smaller numbers but the same issue was occuring). (for snip see attachment- Job search skills options)
    2. So, there is no way of removing the text box or having the option of leaving it blank and not receiving an error, as it is not the required input here?
    3. There is no complete the course button at any stage of taking the course job-search-skills (see attachment course-expired). I've completed the assignment and quiz as admin but the course cannot be completed. I cannot take a quiz as a user (this is logged as a separate issue and snip is included). I can see the quiz named 'test' but I can't select it for some reason as a student. I'm not using a membership plugin but I do have woocommerce. To replicate this go into my courses as a student, select job search skills and take the short course including assignment and test. I don't see a course finished button at any stage and I can't select the quiz titled 'test' but I can as an admin (but there is still no course completed button).
    4. The courses are free as shown in the original attachment included. The notifications are set up to what they should be as far as I'm aware and I'm not seeing the fatal error message but I am still unable to completed the course (admin and student) or select the quiz as a student.
    Admin log in details are: user details: wplms Password: *&S6fs*H*A2gIU4fR)0hXUQ! Thanks for looking into this
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. have  you checked your course product have  subscription ? If yes then the course duration will not matter at that point only the product subscription will be considered . Also check the duration parameter from wplms -> course manager -> course duration parameter . 2. Sorry there is no way removing the textarea as of now in assignments as of now . 3. I was not able to login in your site . Try deactivating the third party plugins and resaving the permalinks to postname again from wp-admin -> settings -> permalinks . 4. Accessing the quiz issue : please try settings the wplms -> course manager -> unit lock -> free access  .
    RD78
    Spectator
    Hi, There are no products created and no subscriptions. The <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">wplms -> course manager -> course duration was set to automatic. Changing this to days makes no difference unfortunately.</span> Quiz - <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"> this was already set to: </span><span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">wplms -> course manager -> unit lock -> free access</span><span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"> </span> I have already attempted to deactivate any third party plugins, this did not change the issue or other issues reported. Permalinks is already set to the common type postname. Changing this to a different type and back again has no effect. I will resend login details in a private message below. Please can you review this. Thanks  
    RD78
    Spectator
    The last admin username and password was not set, my error sorry. Here is a new one that has been tested. username: wplms password: s^9ydfiAorTEdOJ1IMPRWxGM
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I checked your site you have connected the course directory page in te take this course page settinsg . I changed and ot fixed the issue . Also the code that you added was in the wrong place anyways i fixed it too . Please also deactivate the caching plugin as we do not recommend any caching plugins in wplms .
    eclassopedia
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    @eclassopedia you will get the reply on your topic please never share credentials on someone's else topic
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Course expired error’ is closed to new replies.