Course expired even if we have more units

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Course expired even if we have more units

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have a course expired problem, and I do not know how to solve it. I have created a course with 2 units and a quiz. I have added 2 students to the course and they have done the 2 units and the quiz. Later I have added 2 more units and a quiz to the same course, and 1 additional student. When those students wanted to continue the course which were added to the course when it has only 2 units and a quiz they got the message that the course is expired for them. They can not go to the later added units and quiz. If the newly added student started the course he could go till the and using all the five units and quizzes. For me, it looks like when the student is added to the course the system somehow memorizes the actual curriculum structure for that particular student. If I add some new units, the system will not take them into account for that student. How can I force the system that for all members take into account the all newly modified curriculum? How can I do that without deleting and readding them to the course? I do not want to lose their earlier quiz evaluations.
    Diana
    Participant
    Courses will be expired for a user so it depends on for how long that user can access that particular course. Suppose an example: A course duration is set as 10 days and the user is enrolled on the very first day. Second user is enrolled on the 9th day of the first user So For second user, it was his first day and he can access that same course for another 10 days whereas for first user he can only access for one more day and after that it will show course expired for that first user If you want that your course will not show expired, then do one thing, set the course duration as 9999 days. And this will be effective for all users(the new users who are going to enrolled now) For new users, your course will show unlimited time But for old users, it will show the previous course duration. If you want to update the course duration for them, then from course-admin section increase their subscription for 9999 days by selecting users
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Thanks for this explanation, and it could be a reason. But in my case, the course duration was enough long to be expired. At that time they still had 115 days. I have seen in the admin tab for earlier registered users, that they are on 100% of course even they did not touch the newly added two units. https://prnt.sc/vkpjev This is why I think that the system is remembering the curriculum of registration and even I add some new units in the meantime for the earlier registered users this is invisible... How can I make visible those changes for the earlier registered users?
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    In the meantime, I have made some test to check the issue and recreating the above process I did not have problem reaching the newer units for older students... very strange... sometimes works sometimes not... One more question. What happens with earlier results if I remove a student from a course? If I re-add him to the same course the earlier results will be there too?
    Diana
    Participant
    @szabonyelviskola Apologies for the delayed response... Newer Units for older students ----> This might cause problems when you are dealing with bulk users at the same time. Query2: About Earlier Results will be there or not ---> Yes, it will be there until and unless you will not reset the course for that student
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Thank you! You can close the topic.
    Diana
    Participant
    Closing this topic
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Course expired even if we have more units’ is closed to new replies.