course filter for instructor problem

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues course filter for instructor problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    After I started to use the co-author plugin on my 3.9.9 system the course filter for the instructor was not working at all. I have found a workaround to update all generated courses from the backend by hand and it will work. I have done this and almost all instructor is working now. But still, I have 2 problems:
    1. We are working from frontend and no one working on the backend. After creating the new courses these courses are missing from the filter. How can we get them in the filter automatically?

2. I have two instructors where the filter is telling that there are no courses for this instructor even the counter is telling (1) or (6) courses. All their courses were updated from backend too, several times. What could be the specific problem with them?

Veronica
    hi thanks for the explanation but can you please send us a video of the issue so I can replicate it exactly as you have performed and check it if it is an issue or not
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    The video about the 2. problem. https://jmp.sh/L8kCS97 But for the first problem, I do not have anything to make a video. After creating a new course on frontend this course is not appearing in filtered courses. It is on the all courses site but not included in the instructor filter. Somebody 1 or 2 years wrote in the forum that for that we need to open the course in the backend and simply update it, and after it will appear in the instructor filter too. This workaround is working, but there is no backend works on this site. How to get the new courses to instructor filter automatically?
    Veronica
    hi I would like to request you that please try to deactivate the co-author plugin once and check if it's working or not
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have checked. If I deactivate the co-authors plus plugin the filters are working correctly. If I switch it back the co-authors are again visible but the instructor filter for those two names is not founding the courses which are connected to them.
    Veronica
    ok let me check the same
    Veronica
    yes I have checked it you need to perform these steps: remove the authors from the course update the course then again add the authors in the course and then update the course it will solve the issue
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    For the 2. problem I think I know the reason: Your procedure did not help, but I know what is the difference between those instructors and others where the filter is working with the co-author plugin. In the username of not working instructors, there are one or more special characters "." like marta.szabo or "-". And I'm sure this is handled normally but through the co-author plugin probably this is not handled in wplms-co-author plugin. And for question 1. you did not answer till now. 1. We are working from frontend and no one working on the backend. After creating the new courses these courses are missing from the filter. How can we get them in the filter automatically?
    Veronica
    hi the delay in response due to support holiday I have discussed the same with my team members something related to co-authors internally the only solution, for now, is to deactivate the plugin
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Please read carefully what I wrote: In the username of not working instructors, there are one or more special characters “.” like marta.szabo. And I’m sure this is handled normally through the co-author plugin but probably this is not handled in wplms-co-author plugin. I need co-author plugin because of more instructors for some courses. I can not disable it. Anyhow If I ask to change the name I can avoid this particular problem, with those two instructors, but the problem will stay in your program. But you never answer me the question 1. 1. We are working from frontend and no one working on the backend. After creating the new courses these courses are missing from the filter. How can we get them in the filter automatically? The answer can not be to disable the plugin...
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok can you please share your valid ftp credentials in private reply along with admin creds .
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hello,I just checked this and found that its working : http://somup.com/cYXFoLIHC7 If some course is not appearing then you have to select the instructor and simply update it from back end .
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Yes from the backend it is working and for those instructors who have not "." in username. In our case Szabo Marta has "." marta.szabo and for here the filter is not working. We are creating all the courses from the frontend. And if the course is created from the frontend the filter will not work for newly created courses, only after somebody will go to the backend and update all these new courses. What I'm asking for is automation for the same from the frontend. The second problem is only for particular instructors. In the username of not working instructors, there are one or more special characters “.” like marta.szabo. And I’m sure this is handled normally through the co-author plugin but probably this is not handled in wplms-co-author plugin. All other instructors filter is working as you show me in the video, but I know that.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well yes the issue is appearing we need some time to debug this at our test site .Most probably it seems to be related to co author plus itself . We are checking it . Please ping back for reminder .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘course filter for instructor problem’ is closed to new replies.