Course is expired status problem

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Course is expired status problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    LuizBra
    Participant
    I have a very annoying problem on my website. Some users just go through the Course -module by module and then unexpectedly they unable to see a course anymore. After that they try to access a course however they redirect to the payment page. They usually send me a message then I look at the system and see that the status for them "Course is expired". Why is that? It happens every 4-5 days for the random users (sometimes even more often). This is very annoying. I usually delete a person from the course and manually add her again. Then the problem for this person disappear. I have a new case like that. A person bought a course today, she started a course and went module by module - at the certain point something went wrong. And now the status is "Course is expired". Please help!
    LuizBra
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok I checked your site and found all your settings to be right and also took the course myself (admin) by purchasing the product adn completing the order but was not able to replicate the issue . I found the duration to be alright for the user . Can you please provide more information of your other site ? Which kind of plugins are you using on it ? Are there any membership or access restrictions plugin in your other site(other than wplms ) ?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    To quick fix this you can manully extend user's subscription through course admin . refer : http://prntscr.com/cdb5m5
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Hi Alex, Thank you for the reply. I don't now what to do with this problem. I can't go to the vacation because of this. This problem happens twice just today. I don't have any membership plugins. You could check my second website with the same credentials that I've provided. I have a Wordfence plugin that could restrict an access (I guess) however, I'm not sure that this is the case. I've noticed that most of the time (if not 100% of the time) the problem with the mobile devices. People complain on this. Could it be the mobile caching problem? I use this options in the WP Rocket plugin (I've just turned this off to see how it goes).
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    It seems like that this user's date is been deleted for this particular course which is really strange . To fix this you need to remove the user from course and then again add her into course from course admin manually . Can you please share a valid FTP credentials to check this issue further in your site . Also please share the usernames of other users for which course is expired just after 3- 4  days ?
    LuizBra
    Participant
    LuizBra
    Participant
    The last 2 students  with this problem - started payment process. However is was unsuccessful. So later they started the payment process again and it was successful. Please have a look at the Woocommerce for these students. Just the observation...
    LuizBra
    Participant
    LuizBra
    Participant
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thanks for sharing the use case , checking site... p.s : Note that as of this is a site specific case and we have not been able to replicate it in on our test sites so far and we do not have any other users reporting this as well.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I noticed that you're using WP Rocket plugin which is very good page caching plugin and you've disabled the caching for logged in users which is the recommended setting for any page caching plugin. However, the errors reported by you present a perfect case on how page caching works. When the user is creating an order she is not logged in to the site, but when the order is created, a new user is created and she is automatically  logged in to the site, I suspect this could be because of caching of the checkout pages. Device (mobile or laptop) should not be an issue here as this issue is related to the site.   Update: Still investigating, I will share further details on this issue...
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    the credentials for galina_a_s  were not working but they were working for the user "i_goryaeva". For the case of i_goryaeva , there are 3 orders created by i_goryaeva for the same course. Now, when an order is completed, the user gets the access to the course and when an order is cancelled or refunded then the user's access to course is cancelled. --------------- Now in this case the user purchased the course, gets the course access and then afterwards she creates another order maybe because the response from paypal was not in realtime, and the later order is cancelled which revokes her access for the course. All in all this is a specific use case and it is a bug in our system that it is not able to handle this specific use case. Once again, thanks a lot for presenting this issue, I am adding this to the issue log for further investigation and resolution.  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    added to issue log : https://trello.com/c/552iqnJv Thanks a lot, it is a tough issue to replicate and hopefully we will be able to resolve it in this week's update.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘Course is expired status problem’ is closed to new replies.