Course not being saved when created

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Course not being saved when created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well I checked your site and instrcutor is able to save his content and directly publish it to unit / courses . all we have to do is to stop this direct publishing
    ngalaukamphatso
    Participant
    that is only working because i have turned off administrator approval, but once you turn it on content on the site is not being saved anymore. What I want is instructor creates course/unit and be able to save or retrieve their data/content when they send them for approval which is currently not working.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ngalaukamphatso
    Participant
    I think you don't understand the problem I am facing or what really is happening. if you want to see the problem please create a course from scratch. Problem: if i create a course and save it once approved by administrator the content which was created in the course is not being saved, what is not being saved is the first instance of the created course before approval. after approval any change i can make to the course is being saved which means an instructor has to edit the course twice, which is bad user experience. To understand the real problem please create a new course and please make sure you actually populate data on the unit and quiz because that is where the actual problem is. what you did there did not solve anything. KEYWORD: CREATE YOUR OWN COURSE TO UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM!!!
    ngalaukamphatso
    Participant
    anything yet? still waiting
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi yes I understand what you are telling .to get the content instructor added when he created the course before the course is published by instructor he has to click on the "load instructor edit " button . simply create a course and send it for approval , then edit it back again this button should be visible on create course tab alongside the load draft button .
    ngalaukamphatso
    Participant
    I totally agree with you, that is actually how you guys set it up to work but unfortunately that is not how its working on my end so i am going to say this once because all i am doing here is repeat myself, there are 2 full videos me going through the process of creating course it getting published and me loading it, watch those videos fully and tell me if either i am the one maybe doing something wrong somewhere or the content is just not being saved at all before being published otherwise my simple request is please create a course from scratch, don't edit one that i have already created then you will see exactly what the issue is otherwise days are going and all we doing is going back and forth i really would appreciate getting helped, appreciate what you already doing but now i think its best you test it too from scratch so you see the issue am facing. The button that is supposed to come after load draft is not visible anymore both on course and unit if you check on the videos i have uploaded on this thread. Watch the videos fully and tell me if i am doing something wrong perhaps.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    ngalaukamphatso
    Participant
    Yes the button is not available at first instance when then admin approves, it only comes if i edit the unit or quiz by adding extra content then after that it will be able to save. The 2 videos you have showed me all are looking like its working because you have just a step. Scenario is, and please follow you through so you realize where the problem is otherwise before and after always look like its functioning ok. 1. Instructor creates course, course content is saved( no issues there ) issues only come on unit and quiz. and problem starts after admin immediately approves course/unit/quiz. 2.Admin approves, instructors had to go to course to load but instructor load button for course and units not visible. 3.Instructor edit button only appears if i add extra content but the initial content that was created not visible it means i have to populate unit and quiz with same content AGAIN. 4.If i add extra content then i can save whatever changes i make because then the instructor button becomes visible for every edit but not the first time immediately after approval. That's where the problem is. To test the issue please create a course, then also log in as admin to approve it, after approving try to load instructors course content at first try see if load instructor content button will appear.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok here is the scenario : 1 . instrcutor creates a unit and send for approval . 2 . Then at same time admin approves his edit . 3. .now at the same time the edit unit is opened to instructor , he click back and come again to edit this unit , does the issue appears here??At this time when instructor again loads his unit the content should show . I need a video for the issue only when unit/quiz is created by instructor and his content is lost . I have watched your 22 min long video and tried to replicate the same but could not .
    ngalaukamphatso
    Participant
    edit
    ngalaukamphatso
    Participant
    ngalaukamphatso
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok I checked the video and noticed the issue and when it appears . Its necessary to hit the load draft button in order to replicate the issue . But the load draft wont actually load the instructor's draft .IT actually shows the load instructor edit button there along with load draft . We are checking this at our end . Till then I would like you to disable the approval feature .
    ngalaukamphatso
    Participant
    Yes for now i will also leave it on disabled, i will be waiting to hear from you on what the solution is. Thank you.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • The topic ‘Course not being saved when created’ is closed to new replies.