course quiz slow saving

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting course quiz slow saving

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    nena14
    Spectator
    Hi! My students is very stressed about the slow saving of the answer when they go to the next question (page) in the course quiz. Sometimes 15 sek, sometime up to 45. And also equal slow when sending in the quiz when done. Meanwhile the clock is ticking. I have one question on each "page". I know that I can have more question in each "page", but should the saving really be this slow?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes I agree it takes time, but its not necessary to save each answer before proceeding to next question. You can do all the questions at once and then at last click on submit button to submit the quiz. It will save your time .
    nena14
    Spectator
    No, they do not save the questions. They go to the next question (page) without clicking on "save" it still takes this looong time to load the next question. Also, some students is describing the quiz answers in a way that I interpret as if LaTex is not working.
    Ruby.Liang
    Spectator
    I would also want to know the solution for above question. thanks.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Try using in-course quiz, setting is available in lms->settings->enable in-course quiz. In this you can show more then one question OR all the questions in one single screen, this will save a lot of time.
    nena14
    Spectator
    I know that. If there is impossible for the quiz to save faster, is it at least possible to make the countdown stop, or pause, while the quiz is saving? Also, sometime the quiz results is not saved, sometime the student gets 0 points when they shouldn't, sometime it is not possible for me to remove quiz result from students. In all, the quiz function is not working very well ang this leads to frustrated students. I hope someday soon the tool is updated to a must mor reliable version.
    nena14
    Spectator
    One example: This photo was taken by one of my students today As you can see, LaTex is not working.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    I have the same problem. Have you any advice?
    Diana
    Participant
    @shynkaryk Did you tried the above method replied by @HK
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    Yes, I tried. I use only in-course quiz becouse it is more fast (although it would be better to use other type of quiz). My students use different browsers and say about slow saving and sending. Maybe, I have some incorrect settings on my site?
    Diana
    Participant
    @shynkaryk Now the ajax call is modified which execute in the backend to save the answers marked by students. Now, we are inserting the single hit(one at a time) to save the answers. That's why it takes time if you have a lot of questions in the quiz and at that time a lot of users are doing the same quiz. This is the reason it is taking time to save those answers and speed is slow.
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    I have no a lot of students yet, and quizes are not large. This slowness is nervous. Despite this your theme is wonderful.
    Diana
    Participant
    @shynkaryk If we will find any other better option. We will definitely implement that.
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    Thank you!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘course quiz slow saving’ is closed to new replies.