Course Starting Time as Drip Feed Origin

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Course Starting Time as Drip Feed Origin

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    karanna
    Spectator
    Hello, first, THANK YOU for creating this feature. I asked for it, as you know and it works great. I am very happy! :) I have one question: can you change the message of the drip feed, as students accesses next unit, they see now: " UNIT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN .." and it shows the time since the begining of the class (witch is true, because the drip feed calculates the acces from the first time the user bought the course", but now, the message shows 1 month, 2 months, etc.......In other words, the message is saying to the students that they will be able to acces next unit in 1-2 months.....but what in acctually is saying, in that the unit will be accesible from 1-2 etc months since they bought the course......It is confusing for students....i myself panicked untill i realised that the drip feed works fine.......only the message is wrongly interpreted by the platform. :)))) Thank you very much again. anca
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well yes the remaining time logic calculates time since the user started the course . Im unable to understand here how "the message is wrongly interpreted by the platform." ? Can you please share some more information on exactly what time notice it should show there ?
    karanna
    Spectator
    Well, the users now see the message saying that they will be able to acces the next unit in 3 months (i have cases). So.....if the drip feed works fine.....then i think the drip feed will let student acces the next unit in 7 days but it says 3 months. So.....people freak out. I am asked why they will be able to see next unit in 3 months?? And i think the 3 months term is in fact the term that describes the time since the student begun the course, not the next time they will be able to acces next unit. So that;s why i said that the message is wrong. OR THE MESSAGE IS FINE AND THE DRIP FEED CALCULATES WRONG AND I DON'T KNOW WHY. I have subscriptions and membership plugin from WOOcommerce and your addon that sincronises the subscriptions with WPML. AND BATCHES. It's a salad...... :)))))) Please help. :) anca
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    As mentioned in the previous reply that this drip feed is totally dependent on the start time of the user in that course . The access will be halted if time has not been passed according to drip feed . It is showing 3 months to next unit because the user has already completed units which she does not suppose to .Now when the drip is enabled system is considering the time when the user actually started the course and calculates the number if units that she could access now . So as user already accessed units therefore it is adding up all the time for accessed units and calculating the time in which she can access the next unit . I would recommend you to test this with a new user in the same course . If user has not access much units and still it is showing 3 months to next access then please share the url of that course and your admin credentials to check this at your end . PS : mark reply as private while sharing .
    karanna
    Spectator
    The problem is with subscription plugin behaviour, of woocommerce and my settings....Students pays with delay or too early....(30 days is subscription plan) and they practically order a new subscription again and again.......instead of waiting the subscription to autocreate the new order after 30 days , OR, they do not pay in due time and the subscription expires, and then they just buy another subscription when the pay for another 30 days.........It;s my settings and subscription behaviour to blame..........and almost all my students accounts are now unsynchronized. I resolved each case as i could.........manually, letting them acces all units in some cases. But the drip feed works fine. Now i activated the subscription setting to do not let a user buy more then one subscription at a time and they cannot perpetuate that behaviour. Thank you for your help anca bogdan
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Thanks for the clarification there .Gals to hear that the issue was not related to the drip and its logic . SO, can we close this topic now ?
    karanna
    Spectator
    Yes, thank you. anca bogdan
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Course Starting Time as Drip Feed Origin’ is closed to new replies.