Course Units publicly visible (to non students)

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Course Units publicly visible (to non students)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi there, we have been aware of this issue for a long time and have not been able to fix it ourselves. We were waiting for a fix in the code but perhaps we are just doing something wrong. Looks like all of our course Units can be accessed from the outside world, that is from non members and people not enrolled in a course. All is needed is for someone enrolled in the course to share the links to the units. Will send details in private message. Cheers
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    hi and thanks for the code. Just to be clear though, our units are not free. They are parts of paid courses. That is the reason I reported this is a problem! People who have not purchased the courses, can still see the units, if given the link!  
    Diana
    Participant
    @italymadeeasy Thanks for reporting this bug. Even after adding the code, it is visible?
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi Diana, I have not tried the code yet. I was only responding to your comment about:
    <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; background-color: #e8e8e8;">The alternative is, do not make your units free. But if your units are free, then this code will work and restrict the access</span>
    I assumed that, if you said that, you were assuming that we had set our units as FREE, but we have not!
    Diana
    Participant
    @italymadeeasy Okay, Please try the code and Let me know
    Zatakk
    Spectator
    Hi I have exactly the same problem. Is this solved , if so i need the solution too please. My courses are all linked to woocommerce products and MyCred payment. However all the videos in the units are visible, the pdf is not, Kindly advice asap
    Zatakk
    Spectator
    Diana
    Participant
    @zatakk, Please add the below code in wp-admin > Plugins > Editor > Select WPLMS Customizer Plugin > wplms-customizer.php //redirect single units for non logged in users add_action('template_redirect','redirect_single_units'); function redirect_single_units(){ if(!is_user_logged_in() && is_singular('unit')){ wp_redirect('link'); exit(); } } Replace the link with the link where you want to redirect the page when non students access the page This code will restrict the non logged in members to access the units directly. Please check this code. Create your own topic and then Let me know whether it works or not
    Zatakk
    Spectator
    Hi Thanks   The issue is resolved.   Regards Zatakk
    Diana
    Participant
    @zatakk Okay
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Course Units publicly visible (to non students)’ is closed to new replies.