[course_search] broken on Homepage

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues [course_search] broken on Homepage

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Deserter92
    Participant
    Hey Vibe I have a problem with the [course_search] shortcode on my homepage.When I search a course with it, the search doesn't active : the page displays all the course without taking the keyword into account.I've noticed that the url was broken : at the end of the url, after the keyword, there is "&s=" and if I erase thos "&s=", the search works.How can I fix the URL or the shortcode ? Thanks a lot Add : Here are the screenshots Add : I use the udemy pagebuilder homepage
    sandy
    Sorry we cannot check the screenshots. You can share it via http://prntscr.com Can you please share the site url to check the issue on your setup. Thanks
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    We just resolved the same issue for few users using the following steps :

The issue was resolved by :

a. Removal of Certificate Code widget from the Footer

b. Disabling of WP Admin bar in WP Admin - Users - My Profile - Toolbar

Please check and confirm if this does not resolve your issue.

Deserter92
    Participant
    I don't have the Certificate code widget from the footer. I've disabled the toolbar. It does not work. But I found out that the search widget in the footer is the problem. When I disable it and i'm logged in, the search works. But if i'm not logged in, and I want to search something, the "enter" key doesn't work -> it tells me that a field is not filled. And if I want to log in, when I click on "sign in", I arrive on a page that shows me search results for no search.   Please look at the screenshots : http://prntscr.com/8y5s69 http://prntscr.com/8y5sfc Add : I use the modern theme.
    Deserter92
    Participant
    Finally, I've tried many things, and I found out that the [course_search] is under footer's influence. When I change the widgets in the footer, it changes the way the course search in my homepage responds. But I've tried everything, and it seems that no combination of widgets in the footer makes the [course_search] work. Maybe the solution is to find how to unlink the [course_search] with the footer. Did you find something ? Thanks a lot !
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please share admin credentials and site url to check the issue at your end  . PS: mark reply as private while sharing the info  .
    Deserter92
    Participant
    id : wezzar pass : jT13$T^wv77#byJNgO27wkT1 (there is the problem with the course page, and with the login from homepage popup)
    Deserter92
    Participant
    wezzar.com
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Yesterday we fixed the Login issue but were unable to fix the search issue. Today Login is not working, please update the credentials, so that we can fix the search issue.
    Deserter92
    Participant
    Thank you a lot for paying your attention  to this problem ! Update pass : <span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 1.5;">ZqLtZMUUUucMNzh$$xI6Hfej</span>   Bug update : it seems that the search works for administrators, students, and non-logged users, but the search is not working for instructors.    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We checked your site again and the issue is definitely with the admin bar search form and the course search . We have narrowed down the issue . You can try enabling this settings with the Hide admin toolbar plugin that i have installed in your site refer :  http://i.imgur.com/y4K59dZ.png The search is working for the non logged in users and students it just not working for the instructors and admins  . So you can go with this or you can disable the admin bar  with the help of the plugin  .
    Deserter92
    Participant
    Thanks a lot for having taken time to check the problem right in my website ! I hope I will be able to deal with it but with your fixing, it won't be a pain anymore. Thanks !
    Deserter92
    Participant
    Edit : "Login not working in Modern theme" article helped me a lot to fixed the issue after the modern theme 1.1 overwrote the moder theme 1.0    
    sandy
    Thanks for updating us on this.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘[course_search] broken on Homepage’ is closed to new replies.