Create an account that can ONLY manage user

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Create an account that can ONLY manage user

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi this my current account, it 1. Can edit anything in wp-admin 2. Can't add user to course in front end What I want: 1. Can ONLY access to Users and WP sheet editor in wp-admin but can't do anything else, I don't want that account to mess up with course settings 2. Can add students to any course and any batch Please let me know how to do that
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    hi for that you can use user role management plugin or any third party plugin
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    So which permissions should be added or removed to make that happen in my case ? I have the plugin
    Veronica
    hi for all that you need to check the user role editor plugin
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Yes I know, Please help me check the Capabilities plugins. There are lots of capabilities that I don't understand how they actually work. The way WPLMS works are not similar with a standard wordpress site. I have assign some capabilities that I believe to make my custom role User Manager work. But I don't know what make these work 1. Can ONLY access to Users and WP sheet editor in wp-admin but can’t do anything else, I don’t want that account to mess up with course settings 2. Can add students to any course and any batch If I know that I would not ask. I don't want to mess with that as we have learners using our site. These are the options I selected https://vimeo.com/638093180/3742e0de0f
    Veronica
    hi for2: both are managed from front-end for the batch user should be the creator of the batch for the course user should be the author/co-author of the course only then the above functionality is possible for1: user can check manage_user or you can ask the same to the plugin's support
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Veronica
    can you please let us know all the details like which user on which I can test this to add and which batch and course? please share exact URLs
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Veronica
    hi this one: 1. Can ONLY access to Users and WP sheet editor in wp-admin but can’t do anything else, I don’t want that account to mess up with course settings is not in our control so we can't make any changes to that and for this: 2. Can add students to any course and any batch we need to know on your site is there any normal instructor is available or only admin and the instructor for which you want to change the capabilities? because we need to change the source code accordingly
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi 2. I don't have any other instructor, I need an admin account who can add students to any course or any batch
    Veronica
    hi first, create a new user role(don't edit the existing one) create a new user role and and assign the capability and add these code in wplms-customizer.php
    add_filter('vibebp_groups_api_can_add_members',function($x,$y,$user_id){
        if(user_can($user_id,'mycustomcapability')){
            return true;
        }
        return $x;
    },10,3);

add_filter('bp_course_api_get_instructor_tabs',function($x,$y,$user_id){
        if(user_can($user_id,'mycustomcapability')){
            return  array(
                            array(
                                'key'=>'admin',
                                'type'=> 'tab',
                                'label'=>_x('Admin','api','wplms'),
                            ));
        }
        return $x;
    },10,3);
    NOTE: you need to change this mycustomcapability in the code to you custom created capability
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi, I copied your code to wplms-customizer.php I created a new role But I don't see the new capability in the list https://vimeo.com/684205039/12a5fe7443 Where may I find it ?
    Veronica
    checking
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Create an account that can ONLY manage user’ is closed to new replies.