Create Custom Dashboard for Instructor

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Create Custom Dashboard for Instructor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hilmanf
    Spectator
    Hello, is it possible that I want to create a custom dashboard for instructors, so it's like a wordpress dashboard but appears on the frontend? If so, what do I need to pay attention to, especially in the theme wplms / vibe course module.
    Diana
    Participant
    If you are still on v3 and want to create a custom dashboard only for instructors, then in the dashboard section you have to add a new tab: https://rtmedia.io/docs/developers/create-new-buddypress-profile-tab/ And using above code add a new tab. now restrict this that it is visible to instructors only. And show whatever you want to show here
    hilmanf
    Spectator
    Thank you for answering, then I display the same data as in the "admin" tab, what files do I need to pay attention to in order for this custom dashboard to work?
    Diana
    Participant
    If you are asking here that you want to display a custom tab in Buddypress Profile and in that tab you will show the same data as in course- admin tab then I am sorry si, this is not possible because on single course page we are fetching the current course id and then the students are fetched according to that which is not possible to show in a custom tab in profile
    hilmanf
    Spectator
    So, I have created custom tab in buddypress profile, and in that tab show list of the instructor course.. If they want to edit that course, the slug will gonna be example.com/course/slug-for-course/admin, can you give me advice to make the same page with example.com/course/slug-for-course/admin tab?
    Diana
    Participant
    Sir this is what I mentioned above, that if you will add a custom tab in Buddypress Profile and want to show an admin tab which will show details about courses then how it will fetch that? Because in single course page we are fetching course id and on the basis of that showing all the details related to that course, but here in Buddypress profile, it is simply not possible
    hilmanf
    Spectator
    okay I understand, thank you for answering .. Can you please advise me if I want to create the same page as / admin? I see admin.php page but it only contains part of it.
    Diana
    Participant
    The whole code of single course page is in vibe course module plugin And for each and every tab, we created a separate file I am not getting this one point that on single course page we have only one course id and we are fetching users in the admin tab according to that. So how you will manage? because you can't show it for only one course, the only option you have is to fetch all courses, and then how you will show users of that course Please clear this doubt I have then I can guide you better Because it is clearly not feasible to have this same tab somewhere else?
    hilmanf
    Spectator
    Halo, Thank you.. I have created custom page, and in that page show list of the instructor course.. If I want to create the page like /admin, let say /admin2 what file should I change or custom?
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Create Custom Dashboard for Instructor’ is closed to new replies.