Creating multilanguage website

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Creating multilanguage website

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mbaisymakov
    Participant
    How to do we make our website multilanguage? When we added additional language all courses disappeared from course page.  
    mbaisymakov
    Participant
    we are using locotranslate
    Ava
    HI mbaisymakov Loco translate is for converting your website to any particular language. Here, we need to install new plugin for multilingual website. Please go to the mention link below: Refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-with-wpml-multilingual-plugin/ 1)Install the plugin given and follow the steps as same as provided in the video. Contact again for further assistance.                                                                                                  Regards
    mbaisymakov
    Participant
    What about disappearing courses?  
    Diana
    Participant
    @mbaisymakov WPML Plugin actually creates a copy of each and every page in each language. So if your site is multilingual and you have two languages say English and French then every course will be visible in two languages but you have to create a copy for each course. Using language switcher when you'll switch for the English language only Courses in the English Language will be visible and same functionality will be in the case when you select the French Language only Courses in that Language will be visible. So, I don't understand here how your courses are disappeared here. Please follow the same steps of the above article. If you still face any issue then please share a video to replicate the issue on my test setup as well
    Zoha
    Participant
    Hello Team! I have a similar question, my post into spam for multiple editing) So is it possible translate only frontend plugin, theme, menu strings without touching the posts/pages. like udemy translation. for example i want use 3 languages and all strings allready manually translated by Loco... when a user selects a language by switcher from frontend (WPML switcher right way?), he should see ALL courses in any language, but the menu, course creation, site navigation elements, etc should be in his chosen language. Like Udemy! https://prnt.sc/lya24r Dublicating each course for each language resource-intensive solutions, for big sites and require increase storage capacity 3times.
    Ava
    Hey Boha Yes, we have checked your post, its there in spam due to some error, I m sorry for that. Now, As your site is multilingual, we recommend that you use wpml for converting your site. Loco translate is not necessary here. Please follow the steps provided in the tutorial link below, Link : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-with-wpml-multilingual-plugin/ I hope it will be helpful to you.
    mbaisymakov
    Participant
    This topic can be closed. resolved with wpml plugin.
    Zoha
    Participant
    Thanks for reply! Issue not resolved. I watch the tutorial and its different thinks. Issue: When a user selects a language by switcher from frontend, he should see ALL courses in any language, but the menu, course creation, site navigation elements, etc should be in his chosen language. Like Udemy! (without duplications content) Is it possible?
    Zoha
    Participant
    i'm sorry, WPML working well. Resolved.
    Ava
    Glad to hear that Boha. Thanks for confirmation. Closing this topic.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating multilanguage website’ is closed to new replies.